Thursday, January 31, 2008

Here we are!

So I don't really know a whole lot about blogging but I am told that if I spend more than 10 minutes a day looking at everyone else's blog then I have to have one of my own. I have always been hesitant to make one because our life isn't all that exciting.

This semester is well underway and we are getting ready for our first round of test. Hopefully they will all go well. For those of you that know me you know that I am a little obsessive compulsive when it comes to school. Needless to say the last three years of my life have just been one big stress fest and I am excited to be done soon. I guess I will say since not everyone knows (even though Jessica I am sure that you are the only one reading this ever) that Todd and I are both graduating in Accounting in August and we are off to Denver to start a new adventure there. Todd will be working for the Public Accounting Firm Grant Thornton. I will probably just go out there and see what I can get (much to the dismay of BYU and the Accounting program because I will be ruining their placement statistics but what to you do?)

As I am writing this my wonderful husband is on the phone begging people to take part in his new aspiration of running the Wasatch Back Relay Race. Apparently it is cool to get a group of 12 people together and run 175 miles in a 24 hour period. I am trying to be a supportive wife and do it with him but we all know that running is not my forte. I guess we will just see how it all goes, that is if we can get 12 people to join in on the madness.

Last week (or maybe two weeks ago) we went to Nicklecade for our date night with Shane and Jessica. As you can see Shane and Todd were enthralled all night with some sort of shooting game, I am pretty sure they played it for at least 30 minutes straight.

While the boys were busy killing the bad guys and saving the world Jessica and I discovered a game that made us realize that we should never go to Vegas with money because we probably wouldn't come back with any. (But for reals that was a joke because I am too scared to gamble ever) Anyway, pretty sure we spent about 5 dollars (in nickels) in 15 minutes. It is ok because I came out on top in the end. (350 tickets is more than I have ever won in any given night) Jessica won alot too but she already cashed all her tickets in, however she didn't want to feel left out of the picture taking so I was kind enough to let her hold onto the tail end of my winnings.


Being the nice wife that I am, I purchased Todd a little something something that I knew he would enjoy with all my winnings. As you can clearly see he was ecstatic about his new toy. Probably because when you think about it I spent about 7 dollars in all to get something that would have cost me about 2 dollars in the store. It is all about the experience right?

Well I guess that is all for our first post. I will try to have an exciting life so we can post more often.

12 comments:

jessica said...

Woo hoo!!! I love it! That is a GREAT first post! I will be a faithful reader!

ttaaetwwrbffae! Go Mezz!

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO glad that you have a blog now! Now I can see your cute face! Yahoo for school...you rock!

Rachele said...

Melissa, there's no way I could give up ice cream either. It's just candy really. So, ice cream, cake, pudding, brownies, cookies are ok. :) I should try no sugar for 1 month and see how that goes. Anyway, I hope things are going great for you! I teach at the 9th east gym in Provo. It's pretty fun. I'd love it if you came!

Brynn said...

WOOT WOOT! You're on the blog scene!! Now I can see what you are doing!! Thanks for the well-wishes too! I love you!

kto1s said...

Melissa--my old roommate! Okay, how uncool to have a roomate that was 10 years older than you, but you were sure nice to still put up with all of us!

Loved the post. Tell Todd I'm totally in for the Wasatch Back. ha ha Wouldn't that be the day--a 7 month prego lady...sorry I can't help you there!

Loved the first post. And that is all.

Max Fam said...

cute blog! just found it! welcome to the blogosphere!

Sibber said...

Hi there Melissa. I wanna be like you!! It's fun to see your cute faces in the blog-o-sphere! Check mine out too! Love ya buckets! S

emily mcd said...

I opened up Sylvia's blog page today and what do I behold?!? MAY-lissa and Todd have a little bloggie! Hooray! We're excited to keep up on your happy happenings! Love you babe.

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Melissa -
Fun Blog! You guys make me laugh! We think you are the coolest. Love you - Mom and Dad

Laurie Marsh said...

I am a reader too Melissa! That is all

Anonymous said...

Well just looking at the fact that there are 10 comments before I get a chance to comment says to me that I'm not the only one reading your blog. I'm so happy that you posted nickelcade photos!! What a fun night! We'll have to do it again!! (and i'll have to limit myself to the one bag of nickels!)

Nate + Carlee said...

I'm so happy that you have a blog! Now I can be creepy and spy on you...tee hee.