Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ricardo

Everyone, meet our friend Ricardo...

He was our first purchase after we got married because we were having a hard time living with only one car but couldn't bring ourselves to actually buying a car. He treats us well except for when it is FREEZING outside. We had to put him into hiding for the winter because he was having a hard time starting after he sat outside all night long in the below freezing weather. I know this is weird but I totally like driving it more than Todd does. I didn't want him to get it because I am paranoid and thought that he would die but it doesn't matter now because I always make him take the car and I drive Ricardo so there is no need for me to worry about him. I am ready for it to be warm so I can drive it again for the following reasons.

1. I get a really really good parking spot at school.
2. The scooter is so light that sometimes when I am stopped at a stoplight I have to get off and run to the sidewalk and press the button to cross the road because the sensors can't feel the scooter and the light won't change. It makes me feel really cool.
3. It gets over 80 miles for one gallon of gas.
4. I get to wear a really sweet half helmet that makes me feel like I am on Dumb and Dumber

That is all I can think of right now but I mostly am just excited for it to be warm.

In other news my last post talked about how much I was not excited for Valentines Day. Well my fabulous husband knows just how to make it a perfect night. He made me a wonderful dinner of roast and mashed potatoes, then he thought that it would be fun to have a "sleepover" in our family room so he brought the bed out. We watched Father of the Bride parts 1 and 2 and ate popcorn. Potatoes, movies, popcorn, and sleeping... the keys to my heart I tell ya! He is the best and we had a good time.
I apologize that my apartment looks a little messy in this picture.
I promise we are clean people.


12 comments:

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Cool post about Ricardo! You are so funny! I loved the pic of you and Todd on your bed in the livingroom! He's so romantic! Fun.
Love ya MOM

Brynn said...

I had no idea you were proud parents of a scooter! I will not tell Brian because he would be jealous. And what a fun Valentine's!

Sibber said...

MELISSA... YOU ROCK! I totally love that Ricardo! Makes ME want to get one... but I agree... driving it when it's warmer is always a good thing! Love Todd, too! He's such a romantic feller! Enjoy! LOVE YA!

Jessica said...

Melissa-
We are ready for it to be warm so we can jump on our little "Roketa" and go for a drive together! My favorite part of having a scooter is going to the grocery store...I don't buy stuff we dont need because i know it won't fit under the seat!! I love having a scooter!

Wendy said...

That John Denver is full of crap!

Wow, it's been a really long time since I've been able to use a Dumb and Dumber quote. Thank Ricardo for me, will you?

Joanna said...

I miss you too Melissa!!! I didn't even know that you have a blog until now. How are you two doing?

Nate + Carlee said...

Hey guys. Your blog is so cute. I love that you named your scooter. I really like to name things as well...like the stray chickens that live in my backyard =)

jessica said...

Melissa, you crack me up girl! What a romantic hub you have! That is a cute idea! And Ricardo is cool. I like him.

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

I cannot even TELL you how jealous of you I am. For two reasons...
1- I want a scooter so bad I could just pee my pants right here!
2- COle NEVER lets me take the bed into the family room! I always want to do that! Todd ROCKS! Way to go dudes.

Holley and Luke Burbank said...

Melissa... it's your long lost pal Holley. I found you!! guess what? a little bit after lucas and i got married we bought a little Ricardo too!! WE love it!!! one day when you aren't moving to another land we will go on a scooty ride. hardcore!

Nate + Carlee said...

That is all. I totally stole that from you. You are too funny.

Unknown said...

Melissa you are the best!!! Thanks for being a dedicated blogger and bloggee!