Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

Ok so for reals it has been way too long since I have updated my blog but that is mostly because we have been so busy that we just didn't really know what to do with ourselves. Since our last post we have gone to Jackson Hole (best trip ever), had our anniversary, Todd ran a marathon, we moved out of our apartment in Provo and into Todd's parent's basement, and I have taken about a million tests and written too many papers. Don't worry though we managed to fit some fun in too!

Jackson Hole was seriously so fun. We stayed at Signal Mountain and it was perfect up there (minus the bugs). We were able to take our boat up and probably had the best time ever skiing. I haven't had that good of water in I don't know how long. Todd thinks I am funny because I just scream the whole time I am skiing because I think it is so fun, I must get that from my mom. We also got to go down the Snake River which always promises to provide tons of fun! I get so scared every time I do it but it is just so much fun!

Todd looking good on PERFECT water with the Tetons in the background. Amazing

Me being not as amazing but still good water.


The classic Jackson Hole picture




We had our first anniversary on the 19th of July (I know I am so super late). I can't believe it has already been a whole year! I am so lucky to be married to Todd, he seriously is the best thing that ever happened to my life. He is so perfect for me and I don't know what I would do without him. He is a way better person than I am and is always looking for ways he can help other people, especially me, and is filled with so much love. I love you Todd! I am glad you picked me!


I didn't want him to do that to me again so I fed myself this time.


Todd is superman and has now officially run his first marathon. He has always wanted to do one and he finally did it. He felt like he was in good enough shape after our other race that he would be fine running 26 miles like it is normal. He finished in 3 hours and 20 minutes and was 5th in his age group and about 40th overall (out of 600 people)! He is amazing! We won't talk about the fact that he couldn't walk for about 4 days after the race. Maybe next time he will be able to train a little more and he won't be so sore. I am so proud of him. He also ran the Provo half marathon in 1 hour and 2o minutes so he apparently is a pro runner now.

This is at mile 16 I think. He is still looking strong getting a little water from my dad.

Almost to mile 21. I am sure he is thinking "Why am I doing this to myself?"

Coming up to the finish line!

In anticipation for our big move to Denver we have officially moved out of our first apartment. We are living in Todd's parent's basement apartment for about 2 weeks until we go to Lake Powell and then leave for Colorado. We are so grateful to them for letting us stay there and try to save up a few extra dollars. I was amazed at how much junk we have accumulated over one year and I insisted that we keep it all, just in case I need it in the future. Needless to say moving took a lot longer than anticipated but we did it. Don't worry about me crying when I turned the keys over to our apartment managers, for some reason I was sad to move out of our home in the ghetto.

It really has been a busy month and it isn't going to calm down anytime soon. This week we have a family vacation/reunion with Todd's side of the family all week while I will be trying to take finals and graduate! We have graduation next Thursday and Friday and then the Sunday after we are headed off to Lake Powell! As soon as we get back from Powell we will just load up the good old U-haul and head out to Denver. It has for sure been a busy busy summer!
(Don't worry Mindy we still don't have anywhere to live. Todd wants to wait till we get there to find something so I am sure you will see me at your house making you come with me to look for apartments when he is at work, get excited!)

7 comments:

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

YOu had BETTER BELIEVE that I am there girl! I can't believe you haven't found anything! I have been wondering and wondering! Well, I a ready and waiting my friend! What day do you come out?

Jessica said...

I'm sad that you are leaving - even though we have not been next door neighbors for awhile. When you come up to visit your families we hope we make your list of people to stop by and say "hi" to!

kto1s said...

What a crazy, fun whirwind summer! One definately not to be forgotten! Way to go on the major running Todd. And you look awesome on the glassy water, Melissa. We'll miss you TERRIBLY. Let us know if we can help in any way!

Unknown said...

Honey, You are basically, pretty much, may as well, be the best person ever! I love you and thanks for the running shout-outs and making life so amazing. It is not the waterskiing, running, or activities that are fun, but the one I get to do them all with. I love you honey....Go Denver!

Jessica said...

congrats to Todd for running! I miss you guys we hope to see you in Denver in a couple of months.

Holley and Luke Burbank said...

Looks like you're one busy woman... i bet you can't wait to finally settle down in Colorado. I'm excited for you guys and your next adventure!! good luck with everything!

Sibber said...

Such a cute couple! We are SO going to miss you while you are in Denver! Don't forget... you'll need to blog a little more often so we won't miss you so much! LOVE YOU!