This is Todd. We sure love him around our house. He is very handy and is always thinking of others. He is one of the nicest people I know and most days I feel like he is too good for me, but he married me before he figured that out so he is stuck with me forever! Todd is a very driven person and isn't happy if he isn't always trying to become a better version of himself. He only got better when he became a dad. He is so sweet and always wanting the best for our little Emma. Seriously I don't know how I got so lucky with this one. Anyway I could go on about him forever but I will not do that to you.
Todd and two of his brothers thought that it would be a good idea this summer to sign up for the "Utah Grand Slam" where they choose and run 4 marathons in Utah this summer! I don't think that I knew what it was when I told him he could sign up for it (plus Todd is running an extra on with our friend Kevin so that makes 5 in one summer for him!). Trust me, they are crazy. But they have been having a good time training for them together. They ran their first marathon on Saturday, the Ogden Marathon. They all came out alive and claim that they had a good time, even though if you saw Todd try to walk down stairs right now you wouldn't think that he had a good time. Todd did great finishing the race in 3 hours and 18 minutes! Wow I get tired even thinking about running that fast. He is great. Here are some pictures.
Here are Todd and Kyle at about mile 9. Still looking good even though Kyle is yelling for someone to give him ibuprofen.
Thumbs up! He has way more energy here than I would ever have after 9 miles.
Here he is at mile 13. I am pretty sure he just at some of the disgusting "gu" that they hand out during the race. I guess it gives you more energy. It tastes gross, so it better work.
These are of Todd finishing the race. He doesn't look like he is having too much fun at this point.
Emma is proud of her Daddy!
Here they all are (plus Emma because she is cute.)! Not sure if they want to do this three more times.
Don't mind me in the picture, I woke up at 3:45 when Todd did and never fell back asleep, I guess I was nervous for him too.
Getting a massage after the race, I guess that is one good thing about running a marathon, you get a free massage. I still don't think it is worth it.
This is how Todd and Emma spent most of Saturday after the race. Todd was tired from running and Emma was tired from watching, she has a hard life.
We are proud of you Todd, even though I think you are crazy. 1 down, 4 more to go!
6 comments:
Crazy cool! Way to go Todd! And oh my heavenly days. That last picture of the two of them zonked on the couch is hilarious! That Emma is such a cutie.
Wow, he is crazy! That is great though. And I agree that he is such a good daddy. I think we were at a Nelson party at the Miles' house and I looked over at him holding Emma and I don't think he even noticed anyone else around, he was so enamored by sweet little Emma, which is easy to be. Good luck this summer Todd!
CRAZY is the word!!!
Kevin is happy Todd is up for just one more marathon but whats one more when you've already done 4 right!!!
CRAZY
Great Job Todd! Great pictures too.! We love you guys
I'm impressed. Five marathons in one summer is crazy. Can't wait to hear about the others. Emma is looking very cute.
Ca-ra-zy! For sho! He's awesome though! What an accomplishment! You're a great cheer leader too Melissa (and Emma). GO Todd!
Post a Comment