Thursday, June 30, 2011

June Happenings

I feel like I always have too many things to update when I finally get around to doing it so these posts are always random.  Could that be because I waste my computer time looking at other people's  blogs?  Probably.  Do I feel bad about it?  Not really.  Here is what we did this month.



Todd ran and completed his one and only marathon (thank goodness) this summer.  I told him that he had to wear this shirt because it is easy to spot him that way.  You would be surprised at how many people wear a blue shirt and black shorts (what he usually wears) with a hat.  This was much better.  He did wonderful, as always, finishing at 3:17, I believe.  What a speedy guy!  Emma was not excited about getting up at 6:00 in the morning to go cheer Dad on.  I know how you feel girlfriend, I don't love it either.


Todd and I went to Chicago with his work for a little leadership conference.  We had a good time.  It was so good to finally spend some time with him, even if I had to sit through a few boring meetings to do it.  He has been really busy with work and school so we will take any time we get with him.  The first night we were there we went to a Cubs game.  We sat on the roof of a building right outside of the stadium and ate way too much food.  The game was delayed because of the rain for two hours.  We sat in the rain the whole time waiting for it to start.  Don't ask me why, I don't even like baseball.  We did not stay for the whole game either so go figure.  The food was great though!



One of the mornings we were there they had an employees only meeting so we got some free time!  We went to the Sears tower, which is no longer called that, I just don't remember the real name now.  I was scared to stand in the glass box with nothing below it.  The things we do for a picture.

One night we went to the Museum of Science and Industry and I was way not excited to go.  I didn't even take my camera in protest.  Turns out it was really cool and I should have had my camera.  Todd was like  a 5 year old loving the museum so much.  We also went to a private showing of the Blue Man Group.  It was so great and I loved every second of it.  Also, no pictures.




On the last day we had some more free time before our plane left so we decided to be tourists and to on a Segway tour.  Did I look like an idiot with that helmet on?  Yes, but it was still very fun.  We had a great time but I really missed Emma, who stayed at home with my parents.  She loves them more than me now.  If my mom is anywhere in sight she doesn't want anything to do with me.  Maybe she will get over it one day.

And because we can't have a post without Emma pictures here are a few recent ones.

Todd is usually gone by the time Emma wakes up in the morning so she is always excited when it is him to get her out of bed.  Here they are enjoying a little cereal before he heads out.

Emma is obviously really good at using a spoon to feed herself!  We are slowly starting to make progress but it is still always a mess.  Love that little nose and her crazy morning hair.

Well that is all, until next month.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like a fun month! That Chicago trip also looks like a blast! I want to go on a Segway tour sometime. :)

jessica said...

word to your mother, you have been busy! it was so good to see you at the wedding. emma is my favorite! i wish she would have let me be her best friend for life. next time! love to the glovers!

jessica said...

ps...where are her curls from? this question keeps me up at night! i mean, you have STRAIGHT hair. is todd curly? he doesn't APPEAR to be curly!??? i can't sleep!!

Rosalie Ringwood said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the yogurt picture of Emma and LOVE LOVE LOVE the segway/helmet picture! You guys are amazing! xoxoxo M&D

Emily said...

Agreed, the segway/helmet pictures is my favorite :) You look glamorous! Love you! Glad you and Todd had a great trip together. I want to be one of your friends on the trip with you :( Miss you SO much

Tally Ringwood said...

Hooray. I miss Emmaaaa