Monday, August 1, 2011

Glover Fun

The week of the 24th of July we had a little family "stay-cation" with the Glovers.  We started with a fun Anniversary celebration for Todd's Grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary.  It was fun and alot of people were able to make it.  Todd and his sister worked hard to put together a video with some fun pictures of them over the years.  It turned out great!


Here is a picture of Emma with all of her Glover cousins.  There are 32 total, we are missing two in this picture.  I am impressed that we got them to sit still for this long!  Maybe when they are all over the age of 10 we will be able to get one of them all looking and smiling.  Until then...


On Monday we all had breakfast together and headed downtown for a hike up Ensign Peak.  I had never done it before but was told that it was paved the whole way and was only 200 yards.  This was not correct information so my flip-flops were not the best shoes to wear. 

Don't mind the huge belly, I have been busy growing a very active little girl in there.  Emily this picture is mostly for you!

Everyone who was able to make it to the hike.  We are missing some people who still had to work and those who had to stay home because of sickness.  Boo to being sick in the summer!

Emma is so lucky to have so many cousins that are willing to take care of her.  She loves all the attention she gets from them and likes to pretend like she is just as big as they are.

That night we also played minute to win it games.  Always a joy, especially when everyone is too embarrassed to play one of the games so they make the pregnant one do it.  I lost, in case you were wondering.



Love them!

And then my camera ran out of batteries so we have no more pictures.  We went up to the copper mine one day where I am pretty sure Emma had just as many pictures take of her by the tourists there as the mine itself.  I should start charging people.  Some of the girls went shopping, we all ate too much food, the little kids had sleepovers in the back yard, and we ended the vacation with a water fight.  Emma was very concerned that people were trying to attack her dad.  He escaped by jumping over a fence and scaring the little kids that were playing next door.

We love our families and always love when we get to spend time with them, even if alot of the time it just feels like chaos with so many people!

6 comments:

Rachel and Eric said...

You have been quite the busy pregnant lady! You look awesome by the way. I hadn't seen the Mexico pictures, but Kimberly seriously looks like an African American. Seriously. Where did she come? I'm excited to see you soon! You act like you are never busy but you are always doing something fun!

Laura said...

What a fun idea and a great way to appreciate the fun things we have here in UTAH. :)

Emily said...

YAY! When I saw your cute belly, I thought to myself (What a great shot AND she posted it) then I read you comment! You're my favorite :) Love your face!

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Such a fun family! I love the picture with all the grandkids! Emma is just one of the gang! Unbelievable! Love you

Sarah Branca said...

Melissa! Are you and Todd going to the Bees game on Friday with the PMBA program? We are wondering if we should plan on going or not, and we would love to see you guys! Let em know!

Rosalie Ringwood said...

update?