He started the day with a scavenger hunt through the house to find cards with 28 reasons why we love him. You know, because he was turning 28. Clever, I know. Emma was supposed to do it with him but she just only wanted to play with her kitchen so he had to go by himself, which was probably less exciting. He was a good sport for still doing it.
He got a new calendar to put in his "office" at work, a bike jersey, and a year of dates. Todd and I try to have a date night at least once a month but we always have a hard time deciding what we are going to do. I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought that it would be a great gift for him. Each month has an envelope with a date all planned out so all we have to do is pick a night that works for us and go.
We unfortunately didn't really do anything too exciting for the rest of the day. Just ran some errands that I have been too nervous to do by myself with both girls. Todd is a good sport.
We ended the day with his parents and youngest brother over for cupcakes and ice cream. (Try not to judge that we only had pink candles, there are only two of them, and we used Halloween cupcake wrappers. As mentioned above, I am still a little nervous to venture out in public alone with both girls.) Emma had been singing "happy birthday to you daddy" ever since then. Usually she singing it in her bed at night when she is supposed to be sleeping because she knows it is too cute for us to be mad at her for it.
We love Todd so much! He is the greatest husband and father we could ask for in our lives! Having daughters has definitely turned him into a "softy" but we wouldn't have it any other way.
Emma loves to do homework with Dad
She also loves to play anything with him but one of her current favorites is to"take naps" together in her castle. I am always told to "go away" when this is happening. Glad to see I am loved.
Dad is also usually the chosen one to cuddle with. I don't blame them, I like it too!
3 comments:
I don't blame you for not wanting to run errands with both girls yet. I still rarely do it with my two. :) It sounds like you made his birthday very special! Love the nap time picture.
Happy Birthday Todd! What a great post! You & Todd are the best! What a great idea for dates for the year! And the scavenger hunt!! You are amazing! Love you all! xoxox
Do you just LOVE that picture of him asleep in the tent! GREAT dad!
Post a Comment