Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy Birthday, Todd!

Todd's birthday was the day after Christmas!  We had a great time celebrating him turning 31.  Emma and Katelyn wanted to make sure that Dad got balloons in his room just like them.  They at such a fun age to be celebrating birthdays with.  Katelyn even made sure that we decorated a birthday chair for Dad, just like she got.

Emma came into our room in the morning and said "I need Mom.  Not you Dad, you just stay in bed." Todd got to relax in bed for a little bit while the girls got breakfast ready. We are not really a huge cake family so Todd and I don't get cakes for our birthday so we put candles in his cinnamon rolls! The girls were happy to get Todd out of bed by throwing balloons at him and bringing him his presents.



Since we were still excited about it just snowing, we went to the park by our house and went sledding for a while.  We also went down the slides in all of our snow stuff which all of the girls really loved because you go so fast.  We were surprised that the liked either since usually they are pretty scared of things like that.

Todd thought that it would be fun to hold on to the back of the car while standing on the sled on the way home.  I was going pretty slow so I got his attention and gave him a thumbs up, meaning to ask if he wanted me to go faster.  He nodded so I sped up a little bit only to look back and hear him screaming no and watching him fall in the middle of the road.  He thought I was just asking him if he was ok, which is why he nodded.  If he realized I was asking if he wanted to go faster, he says he would have said no. Probably not our finest moment.  We thought it was really funny though, especially because he didn't get hurt. That would not have been a very good birthday present.

Kimberly, Jace, and my parents came over when we were done with sledding and brought Todd his presents and took us to lunch.  My Mom got Todd a stuffed John Stockton, his basketball hero, to take to his new office. Emma and Katelyn were excited that Dad finally had a toy to sleep with just like they have!


This is the only picture we took at lunch but I feel like it needed to be documented that Miley was there too!
 After lunch, my mom and Spencer watched the girls so Todd and I could go see Unbroken and also go to Red Robin to get his birthday burger!


We love Todd so much and are so glad he is in our family.  There is not a more perfect father, friend, and husband for us and we loved having a chance to celebrate him all day.  Happy Birthday, Todd!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm coming to your house for my next birthday! Your girls are THE sweetest!