We went out to breakfast and then walked around at Target for a little bit while we waited for the nail salon to open so we could get pedicures! I am not sure that it was Todd's favorite activity but I loved it!
After pedicures, we went to lunch and then we headed to do some go-kart racing. I like to pretend that it could even be a competition between Todd and I but it wasn't even close, I am too much of a wimp to keep up with him!
Before heading home, we stopped by to pick up one of my favorite treats, an apple pie caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory!
It was a great day and a good break from my normal day-to-day activities!
On my birthday, my kids were excited to wake me up, give me my presents, and my donut cake. I am not a huge dessert fan but I do love a good donut so I got to enjoy my cake first thing in the morning.
My biggest, and best present came earlier in the month when we finally broke down and purchased ourselves a mini-van. I resisted getting one forever, but really I am not sure why, it is the best car for four little ones and has made our life a lot easier!
After breakfast, we all went about our normal activities while I got us all ready to head down to Hurricane to spend Thanksgiving with Todd's family. Once we got down there, Todd's family sang Happy Birthday to Katelyn and me and then we all headed to bed.
We spent Thursday - Saturday down there and enjoyed time with our cousins swimming, playing at the park, and going on a hike! It snowed for the first time back at home so we were happy to be able to squeeze in a few more days of nice weather before winter hit us!
| Taylor loves to spend time with baby Camden! She is such a fun girl! |
We hiked what is called the St. George Narrows and Emma thought it was cool to go through the slot canyon for about as long as it took to take this picture and then she decided it wasn't for her. Not that I blame her, I didn't even attempt to go through. We ended up staying a day longer than we planned so I hadn't packed any hiking stuff for our family. Not that it is that weird to see my girls hiking in dresses but the boots were a little questionable.
After we finished hiking, we headed to Crystal Mountain which I believe used to be a mine of some sort. The girls had a good time chiseling crystals out of the wall, once they got over their initial disappointment that they weren't real diamonds.
It was a fun, quick trip and a great way to wrap up our November birthday celebrations!
1 comment:
Fun pic with all of you at the slot canyons. Love it!
Post a Comment