Tuesday, November 4, 2008

October

Wow I can't believe October is over. It feels like time is moving so fast. We have had a fun but uneventful month. We had fun taking our nieces to their Halloween carnival at school. Their school went all out! They had a haunted house, crafts, waterless bobbing for apples, a bouncy house and much more. We are glad they let us take them, it is alway fun to be with them. Todd found a winner costume there and wishes he could look as cool the guy in the picture below.



We also had fun carving pumpkins even though I hate cleaning them out. My mom sent us over a really fun Halloween package with all of the essentials to make Halloween cupcakes so we did that as well. As you can see Todd is thrilled with the end result of the cupcakes.


Today was obviously election day. I have been told by everyone at work that I should have just done a mail in ballot because they said that the lines are always super long. So, I left work early to go brave the lines. I had to come back home and vote by my house so I left pretty early so that I could get to the polling place, stand in line for a few hours and still get home in time to make dinner before Todd got home. Well imagine my surprise when I pull up to the place where I was supposed to vote and there were only like three cars in the parking lot. I totally thought I was in the wrong place. I got out of my car and walked in the building and there were about 20 people working inside and then I was THE ONLY person there to vote. They told me that I was the first one to come in for like three hours. Good thing I left work early huh?



I know that i kinda look weird in this picture but this is how I felt about voting for the first time (even though almost everything that I voted for lost) and this is how Todd felt about not being able to vote today. Somehow he didn't get registered to vote even though we sent our registration in the same envelope, weird how that happens. I guess that is what you get for waiting till the very last minute.

Anyway our lives haven't been too eventful over here just alot of work and studying. Todd is getting ready to take the LAST portion of his CPA exam. I am so proud of him and am sure that he is more than ready to be done. We hope you all had a great October!

4 comments:

Sibber said...

So nice to see you! WOW... we miss you! Glad you are having some exciting times with the nieces... that looks fun! When we voted here yesterday... same thing... NO LINES! Go ahead, everyone... vote early next time! Leaves voting day a piece of cake! :) Love you buckets! That is all!

Jennie B. said...

Holy cow! I didn't even know you guys had a blog! Hey! Looks like life is going great for you guys! I think it's time for the 2 of you to have a child. You guys are so great!

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Cutest pumpkins ever! They are awesome! Glad you had a fun Halloween. Sorry about the voting Todd! What the devil! The biggest election ever . . . oh well. We love you both! Mom and Dad

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you FINALLY posted something! only kidding -- I'm so glad you voted -- Shane was so worried about long lines that he went and did early voting and waited for an hour to vote.. I walked right in. Funny how it happens that way. I loved you pumpkins..We didn't carve any this year.. we didn't have the Glovers to carve with so we just didn't do it!