Sunday, January 25, 2009

Better Late Than Never

Sometimes I wait so long to post that I just get discouraged because I am so far behind so I keep just not doing it. I guess my mom still reads this and wanted me to update so here it is. I am mostly just going to explain the pictures that are on here because everyone knows that pictures are the best part of blogs anyway.

We had a fun Christmas. We went home to visit our families so we celebrated at our house before we left to drive there. We thought that would be a good idea seeing as last Christmas we were with our families so much that we ended up opening our presents from each other at midnight, not cool. We spent Christmas Eve with my family up at our cabin. It was way fun and there was so much snow! Todd and I don't really have snow clothes seeing as we don't really have time to go play in the snow, that explains why he is in jeans. Please note that he has his jeans tucked into his shoes so he wouldn't get snow up his pants. My mom made us a yummy fondue lunch and we each got to open a little prize. As you can tell I am absolutely THRILLED with my paper clip. We get new pajamas every year (as most people do), but this year my mom made all of ours. She is the best. All the boys in my family sure love the Jazz.



Then on Christmas after we talked to my brother Jeffery in Argentina we went over to Todd's parents house to hang out with them. Todd likes to challenge anyone and every one to a good game of Wii anything (usually tennis, golf, or baseball). We also went downtown to see the lights with Shane and Jessica and Mac and Christina. It was super cold and didn't make it any better that we stood in one place for about 25 minutes because Todd likes to befriend the homless man who couldn't find state street.

When we got back to Denver we were lucky enough to go to the lovely town of Cripple Creek for New Year's Eve. I am totally kidding about the lucky and lovely part. Todd had to go in to work at 1:00 in the morning on the 1st so they were kind enough to put us up in a hotel. This town was seriously like one block and all it had there was casinos and bars. I was starving so we had to stop and get something to eat at Ralf's Break Room. It was a pretty sketchy place and I was sure glad that they had chicken fingers on the menu, can't go too wrong with frozen food. Todd had a hard time opening the Martinelli bottle. He thought it would be a good idea to try and open it with the dresser drawer, you can see from the picture who won that battle. After Todd was done with work we went to Paul and Melissa's house to hang out for a while. We were excited to have Chad and Melissa there to visit for a few days too. (there you go Emily, all three Melissa Glovers together) We went out for a yummy dinner where everyone ate too much, especially Chad, who apparently likes fried rice so much he ordered two.


In January we did a whole lot of working, having a real job = lame. Melissa working until about 8:00 and Todd working till 10:00 or later and working all day Saturday = the worst. Who even likes accounting that much anyway? Not me that is for sure. I am sure glad that I married Todd so I can spend about an hour with him a day. No I am just kidding, but not really. It really is ok though because these crazy hours can't last for that much longer (at least that is what I keep telling myself). We were able to slip away to Utah for a weekend though for Todd's little brother Marc's mission farewell. He did such a good job and we are going to miss him so much! Emmit didn't want to go home so he climed in the cooler to hide from his dad. I thought it was a great hiding place. While all the adults were socializing I found Operation laying around on the table and recruited some little ones to help me play, love that game even though Emmit kept getting mad at me for hurting the guy's nose. The last picture is of all the Glover brothers. A great looking group of guys if I do say so myself. I guess the sisters don't get any love so they don't get a picture. Don't worry Carrie Anne and Katie, I still love you.




Well that is our life in a nut shell. I know it is pretty exciting. Maybe I will grace you all with my lovely writing skills sooner rather than later. Even though let's be honest, probably not.

10 comments:

Sibber said...

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!!! You ARE alive! Thanks for catching us up on what is going on in your world! Love the pictures and love to see you! You look awesome! Thanks honey!

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Thanks for the update! You are the best! I loved all your pics! So photogetic(SP)! We love you guys

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Whatever! I LOVE your writing skills, and you had BETTER grace us with those writing skills presence WAY sooner than later! Not like I can't just come over and say hello, or rather have you over and play with us! When can we do that by the way? Call me!

Emily said...

LOVE IT! Thanks for the shout out! Someday I will have to be in the same room as all three Melissa Glovers!!!! Awesome!!!

Jessica said...

Yay for a new post -- FINALLY! Thanks for making time for Shane and I while you were here - I sure loved looking at the lights.. and watching Todd be way to nice to the homeless man

Laurie Marsh said...

Oh Hi Melissa! Thanks for the great pictures and news. I love hearing about you! You look awesome in all your pics. Love the bangs!

Glovers said...

You need to update your blog more because we never see you guys.

Rosalie Ringwood said...

I heard you guys moved . . . any new pics? Hee hee Love ya

Laurie Marsh said...

I just have one comment, I miss you

kto1s said...

Excuse me, but Where Are YOU?!!?! Just kinda missing you...Hope you are doing great!