Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Who likes the wind?

I don't!  So sad when you look out the window and it looks sunny and beautiful and you think to yourself, hooray we can go for a walk and get out of the house, and then have the wind blow the stroller away from you as soon as you go outside.  Emma and I are getting really sick of being cramped in this house!  Spring can't come soon enough.

We spend alot of time playing with her toys.  I had to make our third bedroom into a little bit of a playroom because her toys were overtaking my family room.  This has limited my time spent crafting but she is worth it.  
She loves her ball pit and also loves pushing around her wagon.  Although she doesn't know how to steer said wagon yet, so she doesn't get very far before she runs into a wall and moves on to a different toy.

Let me just tell you that these stacking cups were the best $3.00 I have ever spent.  They entertain her for a really long time and she likes to take them everywhere with her. She is getting really good at making a tower with them.  Such a smart little babe.

 Lately Emma is very interested in other little people.  I don't know why she just barely started to notice them but once she sees someone that is under the age of 5 she just doesn't stop staring at them or trying to attack them.  Her cousin Lincoln is one of her favorites.  We went to the boat show last weekend and she just wanted to sit and stare at him (after she ate all of his marshmallows) and wouldn't look at the camera.  Lincoln is such a cutie!  The second picture is my favorite because Emma was trying to give him a hug (it doesn't look like it because her arms are still down but I promise that is what was happening) and he didn't want her to so he is trying to run away.


I never thought I would say this but some days I just really wish that Emma would like to watch TV for like 15 minutes.  She has never had any interest in it AT ALL which is great except for when I am trying to cook dinner and she is screaming at my feet because she wants me to read her a book.  Lately I can get her to sit and watch Toy Story for like 5 minutes at a time which has been nice.  And when I say sit and watch, I mean stand and watch.  Emma only sits down when she absolutely has to.


Hopefully it will be warm enough to go outside one day and not get blown away by the wind.  Until then we will just continue doing our thing indoors.

8 comments:

Laura said...

I totally feel ya! I really dislike the wind when it's finally warm enough to go out. But we mostly need to get out for McKenna's sake. I don't mind being cooped up with baby Ben all day. :) Emma will like TV one day. McKenna started being interested right around 18 months I think. Emma is such a sweetie even though it was McKenna attacking HER monday night.

Laurie Marsh said...

oh wow is she ever cute! Love all the pictures. YOU are one great mama!

Allie Walker said...

The skinny jeans!!! I love them so much.

MichiganMarshes said...

Playrooms are great. You will be so glad you have one!

Rachel and Eric said...

I might be the worst mom in the world, but I literally prayed for Lucy to watch tv and it has been LIFE-CHANGING!!! She really just started within the past month, and she'll watch 20 minutes of Elmo or the Aristocats...it's seriously amazing. I wear make up now, I can cook dinner...life is great. Too bad it took Lucy til she was 20 months to do it. Hopefully Emma will give you a break sooner. I love her little pokey pony tail. She always looks so cute.

Tally Ringwood said...

This Is the best. i love your fam! Emma is the best

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Adorable baby girl!

Glovers said...

So glad Lincoln made it on the blog. At like 18 months she'll start to watch tv. Just give her time.