We had a little party for Emma on her birthday. Due to the small nature of our house we could only invite a few people but we had a great time. Emma loved it, for the most part. I still can't believe she is one!
We had a little lady bug theme. I know lady bugs = summer but I am sick of the winter so I did it anyway. Here is her invitation.
I didn't do too many decorations because 1) I am cheap and 2) she had no idea what was going on anyway. I must say I was happy with the way the cake and cupcakes turned out. First time making either for me so it could have been alot worse.
Emma needed a little pre-party snack. Marshmallows are her current favorite. It changes from week to week.
Checking out some of her presents before the guests arrived.
Emma is REALLY into books these days. That is all she ever wants to do. I am getting really sick of some of her favorites.
Lately Emma doesn't really like things to be too messy. We got her these balls for her ball pit and she likes to just pick them up one by one and look at them and then gently place them outside of the ball pit. Then she gets out of it and puts the balls back in, one by one. Funny girl.
Here she is, just being really excited to be sitting next to Bentley. It is fun to watch her actually notice the other kids around her now.
Emma has such awesome Grandparents! She sure loves them.
Here is Emma with her cake. Like I said, she doesn't like things to be messy.
She usually just destroys whatever we put in front of her to eat so Todd just thought that if he showed her what to do she would start to like it. I guess he was wrong. Poor little girl. Sorry we torture you. She is still cute though!
We also had a party the night before with my family for Kimberly and Emma since they both have birthdays in January. We went laser tagging. Made me feel like I was in middle school again but was oh so fun! I did beat Todd both games which made it even better because he usually beats me at everything. Thanks mom for the fun party!
Jeffrey and Brooke gave Emma this doll for her birthday. She is obsessed. She hugs and kisses it all day long.
My mom got her a purse, which she was thrilled with as well. I think that she mostly just likes new toys.
The shoes Emma is wearing in the picture above were also from my mom. They squeak when she walks. Emma thinks they are just about the coolest thing that has happened to her life, besides the whole learning how to walk thing.
Time for cupcakes. Emma wanted to touch the candle and just ended up getting hot wax spilled on her finger. Poor baby. She is just going to hate birthdays for the rest of her life.
I still am living in denial that she is getting so big. We love her! She is so fun right now and keeps us on our toes!
And in case you were wondering, we took her to her 1 year checkup and she is now only in the 56% for weight instead of 98%. It is all of the running around. Don't worry she is still in the 95% for height and her head. Her head needs to be big so she can be smart right?
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










6 comments:
I love ladybugs! McKenna's room has them all over. :) I LOVE her reaction to her baby doll too! My niece wouldn't dig into her cake either, so my sister helped her, and she also cried and cried. Funny babies.
Ah I love the ladybug party! You are the best mom! Oh and those squeaky shoes are the funniest things ever!
What a fun party! Happy Birthday Emma! I can't believe she is one already. So weird. So lunch??? Sometime soon - really I just need to have a baby so we don't have to go on "my lunch break" It'll happen eventually.
I love you guys. So fun. So cute. I'm sad that i missed it!
The lady bug party was so cute! And the cake and cupcakes were super impressive...you fancy little mom!How did you do that? Emma looked super cute for her birthday festivities...Lucy has the same little shirt with the pink flower. I can't believe she's one already!
I LOVE the cupcakes and cake! You did such a great job! I can't believe how big Emma is getting. We wish we where closer so we could see you guys more!
Post a Comment