We all know by now that Todd likes to run races. In an effort to be cool like him and get me motivated to lose my baby weight after Katelyn, I signed up to run the Timpanogos half marathon this summer. I talked my Dad, Tally, and Kimberly into doing it with me. I had a hard time staying motivated to train for it seeing as I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight before I really even started training. My goal was to finish in less than two hours and I finished in 1 hour and 59 minutes. How is that for cutting it close?
It was fun to run with my family but I think that 10Ks are really the perfect racing distance for me. I kept hoping that the more I ran the more I would love it but that didn't happen for me. I might consider running another half sometime in the future just because I know that I could have finished at least 6-7 minutes faster, had I not stopped to walk. It was hard to start running again after that.
We had to wake up at 3:00 in the morning to get down to the buses in time.
And then it was surprisingly freezing while waiting at the start line. Kimberly thought she was going to die.
Here we are at the finish line. We didn't have a camera to take good pictures with so we just used Tally's phone. This picture was taken like 3 minutes after I finished the race and it was really bright, that is why I look so wonderful.
While we were running that race, Todd was in Burley, Idaho with his brothers doing his thing and rocking his Olympic distance triathlon. He didn't take any pictures of his own and we are still waiting on his brothers to send us their pictures. Until then you can look at these screen shots of the official race photos. I will replace them once we get the other pictures.
He did amazing, as usual, even without very much training. He had a good time spending time with his brothers but we really missed him at home! It was pretty surprising to me how much I leaned on him for moral support while I was training and it felt really weird to not have him there at the race. I blame the fact that I was slow on him not being there. (No, it didn't have anything to do with my lack of will power and motivation.)
The next big race to look forward to for Todd is the St. George Marathon and I am sure my next race won't be until after our next baby and who knows when that will be?!
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Congrats to you! McKenna was looking at these pictures and said, "They won the (O)Lympics." :)
You are so bloggerific! Congrats to you both, even though you were running in different directions! Good luck at the St. George Marathon, Todd, I think we may actually be there to watch my sister in law :@)
Oh WAY TO GO!! That is so awesome. You guys are my heros, (except I don't want to run a half marathon -no chocolate!).
Good job!! I just ran my first 10k and I think that might be my max! :)
Post a Comment