We love the summer because that means that my parents, Spencer, and Tally all get to come visit. I kinda hate that they live far away but it is nice to be able to have them come visit a few times a year. We had alot of fun while they were here and I have alot of pictures to post from their visit. I should have blogged them as they happened but we were busy doing other things.
My mom and Spencer came in June and we were able to go to a REAL game. We had perfect seats for Emma, she had plenty of room to move from person to person and I didn't have to worry about her bothering the people in front of or behind us.
We also had dinner up at our cabin with my Grandparents. We really love it up there!
Tally came to visit for the weekend and we had fun having him come play at our house. Such a fun uncle, even if Emma does not approve of his facial hair.
Up at the cabin again, we went for a walk up around Silver Lake at Brighton.
We went to Butlerville Days for the 24th of July. Emma thought the inflatable slides were the bomb. She was sad when she ran out of tickets.
Dancing is Emma's favorite thing to do. If she ever hears music she stops everything she is doing and starts to dance. You will be her best friend if you dance with her.
Todd, Emma, and I had a handstand contest. I lost. Sad story.
I did, however, win this shoulder stand contest. So proud. Don't mind my red face. Maybe I was holding my breath?
Katelyn was mesmerized by the fireworks. She just sat and stared like this the whole time and then occasionally did her excited arm flap. Emma on the other hand was too busy pretending to go shopping and talking to the people around us. One of the fireworks went off and a little girl next to us said "Wow that looked like an ice cream cone." Emma turned to her and said "no, that is not an ice cream cone, it is called a firework. Ice cream cones are for your belly and fire works are for the sky." You tell her girlfriend.
We spent alot of time up at the cabin during the summer. It is just so much cooler up there! Emma enjoyed having a picnic out on the deck.
My dad went home at the end of July and my mom and Spencer were able to stay a couple more weeks. We had the Nelson family party up at the Webster's house in Mantua. It was so fun to go swimming in their pool and play in their fun play house. It was a little bright when we were taking pictures which is why we have such squinty eyes.
We miss them already now that they are gone but had fun while they were visiting!
P.S. sorry to those who read my mom's blog, you have already seen all of these pictures seeing as I always stop taking my own pictures as soon as she is around. She is better at it than I am.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
i've been seeing all of the ringwood family time happening on laurie's blog and it has just made me so happy for you every time! loved all the recaps and totally jealous of all the cabin time. sounds like a dream. hooray for having parents again!! there's seriously nothing better than a mom and dad visit.
That shoulder stand is impressive. :) And I love the ice cream cone firework story. Too funny! It was great as always to see your out of town family!
Hooray for family time!! Love you so much! xoxo
Fun! Icecream is for your belly, fireworks are for the sky- totally laughed at that one.
Post a Comment