Friday, April 19, 2013

Update

I haven't updated about our everyday life for a while.  This post is mostly for me so I won't even be sad if you don't read it all but there are still some cute pictures!

Emma - What can I say about Emma.  She is quite the three year old and rather moody/dramatic.  A lot of days I just don't really know what to do with her but she has her fair share of really sweet moments that just melt your heart and make you forget about the tantrum she threw five minutes before or the fact that I feel like I am re-potty training her, even though she has been potty trained for almost a year and a half.

After Emma turned 3, she started preschool since her vision therapist with Early Intervention could no longer come to our house.  She loves it so much, even though she is the only girl in her class which she was really upset about at first.

Her teacher comes out to the curb to pick her up so I don't have to take Katelyn out of the car to walk her in.  Emma loves to sit in the front seat while she is waiting for her to come out.








About a month ago I got a note from school saying they were doing school pictures.  Who knew they had school pictures in preschool?  Anyway, seeing as how it is almost impossible to get Emma to look at the camera and smile I decided not to get them.  A few weeks later they sent home a "keep your child safe" card that had her picture on it.  Um hello I am so sad I didn't get it now!  She is so cute.


Sadly, Emma no longer sleeps in until 9:00 in the morning but she does love to come cuddle with me in bed when she wakes up.  I love it too, probably more than she does.  I love hearing her jump out of her bed and her little footsteps running across the hall into our room.  Sometimes she will fall back asleep but most of the time she rolls over and makes me tickle her back.


She also doesn't take a nap anymore and her quiet time is getting shorter and shorter so we use the time when Katelyn is napping to do some crafts.  I have never been very good at letting her do these types of things because it really bothers me that she doesn't do it the right way all of the time, and then I remember that she is three so it probably will be ok.


She is still obsessed with all things princess and thought it was the most magical thing when we took her to the Disney Store for the first time.  Who needs to go all the way to Disneyland when she is so excited about the castle in the store?  If she only knew what she was missing out on.

Katelyn - This little girl has started to develop quite the attitude.  She used to be such a sweet, quiet, and obedient little girl but has changed a ton in the last month or so.  Don't get me wrong, she is still super sweet and we love her just as much as ever but she sure can be sassy sometimes, especially to Todd.  "No" is her favorite word to say, probably because we have to say it to her all of the time.


She can climb up on to just about any surface in our house which stresses me out, Emma never even tried to climb on anything but I am always finding Katelyn on my bed, or the kitchen table, or on top of the toilet.  She even can climb into her own high chair by herself, although it looks like she is going to break her neck while doing it.


 She loves to eat but is very picky about the textures of her food and surprisingly is still extremely small for her age as far as weight goes.  I still think she feels so light every time that I pick her up. 


Katelyn continues to think that her sister is the greatest thing that has happened to her life and I believe is starting to get a lot of her attitude from mimicking her sister's reaction to things.  She can be found most of the day following Emma around doing everything in her power to get Emma to play with her, which usually ends up in tears for at least one of them.  It is kind of funny though because most of the time Katelyn just teases Emma, again with her sassy-ness. 



 Every once in a while Emma will share her princess attire with Katelyn.  This is the most exciting thing for Katelyn.  She gets to excited and runs around the house yelling that she is pretty.  Speaking of talking, she is starting to say more and more words although usually I am the only one who can understand what she is saying.  My favorite is that if you ask her a question she answers with "sure" instead of "yes."  Probably the cutest thing ever. 



Katelyn's favorite things are being outside, reading books - especially books with animals in them, food, and either dancing to princess music or Face-timing with  Gam and Papa on my phone.  She almost always has to have shoes on her feet and can often be found sitting on the bench next to our garage door yelling for me to come put her shoes on so she can go outside. 




Currently their favorite thing to do as a family is play duck, duck, goose.  Katelyn is the best when she does it.  Sometimes she just plays it with herself which is even better.  Neither of them really understand what you are supposed to do if you are the "goose" so we all just get up and run around and sit back down.  I am sure they will figure it out one day.



We love both of our girls and think they are the greatest!  We can't wait for their little sister to join us in 2 months! (Still pretty weirded out that I am going to have three kids but whatevs).

7 comments:

MichiganMarshes said...

I love Emma's long hair (and the school pic). You will do great with three little kiddos. 3 kids was the easiest for us anyway. You are a great mom.

Dan and Laura said...

Such darling girls! I love reading about their personalities. :)

Rosalie Ringwood said...

YAY! I love everything about this post! You are the bomb.com! Love you all

Tally Ringwood said...

K - this is the best post. Do the girls miss me yet? 1 weekend without is depressing!

Laurie Marsh said...

HOORAY Melissa! Great post! You are right, lots of terrific pictures. Is it ok to say the one with your parents and Katelyn is my favorite?? That is so sweet. Love you awesome Melissa!

Eric and Lindsay said...

Your babies are absolutely precious!! And yay for more girls 8)

Rachel and Eric said...

I can't believe Emma goes to real preschool! Me and my friends just do one here for Lucy so it doesn't seem real. I love reading about your girls because we are living the exact same life (minus the third child and Asia thing!)Someone asked me if my girls played well together and I just said, "Ummm...no." Katelyn and Emma in dress ups=cutest thing ever. I'm also enjoying your tiny pregnant self.