Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Half Ironman

Last Saturday, Todd swam/rode/ran in the Boise Half Ironman.  He did such a great job!  I am not sure why he thinks those types of things are fun, but I like to go and watch him.  The swim was 1.2 miles, with a 56 mile bike ride and a 13.1 mile run to finish it all off.  Fun right?  His older brother Kyle did it with him and Todd's parents also came to watch.  It was fun to have a little weekend away from the girls before the baby comes. 

Last year it snowed/hailed the day of the race so they pushed the start time this year back to start at noon.  Let's just say that it did not snow this year.  I felt pretty bad for Todd out there exercising in over 90 degree heat, I was sweating just watching him.  Here are a few of the 80 pictures that I took that day.  I know I look pregnant and huge, I am having a baby in two weeks though so at least I have that going for me.

 Dropping their bikes off the night before the race

The morning of, making sure all of their transitions had everything that they needed.

 Todd has been having some lower back and leg problems so he did alot of stretching before the race started.  He was trying to not get sunburned in this picture.

 Here we all are before Todd and Kyle went to get ready for the swim.


Getting marked with his number and age

 Making sure their bikes and water-bottles and everything were all good to go.

 Do you think they look related?

Here is Todd's age group getting ready to start the swim, kinda hard to see but he is the only one facing the camera at the back.

 Again, a little hard to see but he is in the middle of the picture in the back, trying to get used to the cold water.

 Just finishing the swim!  The swim was the most nerve-wracking for me because once they start you can't see them and everyone looks the same in the water.  I felt much better once I saw him come out.


Just starting the bike, still feeling good.


 And finishing the bike ride, maybe not feeling so good.

Dropping his bike off and taking a breather before the run.

Coming up to the finish line.

 Crossing the finish line!  The race started in different heats so 6:31 was not his official finish time.  I think he finished around 6 hours and 12 minutes.

So happy to be done!

Hanging out after the race, trying to get some energy back.

 He told me he just needed to take a short nap before walking the two blocks to the car.  I don't blame him.


 Way to go Todd!  I am proud of you! He finished in 6 hours 12 minutes.  His swim time was 46 minutes 14 seconds, his bike time was 3 hours and 11 minutes and his run was 2 hours and 5 minutes.  Right now he claims that he is never doing another one but we will see if he is still saying that next year.




4 comments:

Dan and Laura said...

Holy smokes! I bet he just got a little taste at this race and will totally do one again! ;) Yea Todd!!

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Eventhough he did the 1/2 Iron Man - we think he is a FULL Iron Man!! Way to go Todd!

Allie Walker said...

I just live for these Glover updates! Way to go Todd! And I think you look great:) But I'll take that baby on the outside now. K thanks

Dantzel said...

Wahoo go Todd! Makes me feel even better about me counting Just Dance as my workout today.