Do you ever feel like you are just running around with your head cut off? That is how I feel as I am trying to get ready for this new baby. I have about a million half-way finished projects laying around my house because after I start one I decide that something else is more important and never finish anything.
Anyway, in preparation for the new babe we moved Katelyn out of her crib (I know she is so little still, but I don't want to buy another crib) and into Emma's room in a big bed. I am not going to lie, her transition was alot harder than Emma's but overall it wasn't too bad.
The first couple of nights she just kept getting out of her bed and as soon as we would come back in the room and tell her to go back in bed she would turn around, say "K" and climb back up, only to get back down 10 seconds later. She slowly has gotten better and now after about 3 weeks we usually only have to go in there once, if at all, and they both fall asleep within 10-15 minutes of being tucked in.
They wake up pretty early in the morning, which is most likely because it gets so bright so early and I still haven't put the curtains I bought up, but this week instead of coming and getting in bed with us they have just been playing with and reading to each other. Who doesn't love waking up to them laughing with each other across the hall?
Katelyn still naps in her crib because I am too scared to see what will happen to her nap times if I let her take a nap in her bed. I will be brave enough to try one of these days! But we are happy that she is getting used to sleeping there at night, that is one more thing I get to cross off my never ending list of things to do in the next 4 weeks!
Friday, May 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
such a big girl! I love that they get up and play together! Cutest!!
What cute sisters! Glad things have gotten better. I totally feel ya on keeping up with that "to do" list!
Nothing like having a wonderful sister- NOTHING! Love you Melissa!
Post a Comment