Friday, February 6, 2015

Birthday Celebrations

Emma had been planning every little detail of her birthday and party for quite a while.  I was pretty nervous that when the actual day finally came, that what really happened wouldn't meet her high expectations but when it was all said and done I asked her if it was everything she dreamed of and she said, "no! It was even better!" I think it is safe to say she was pretty pleased with the way everything turned out!

The Monday before her birthday we had the Nelson family party at the Marsh's house.  Emma was excited to get her birthday week off on the right foot with cake and ice cream!




Also on Monday, she got a package from my parents and was excited because they told her she didn't have to wait to open it!



My mom put cute pictures of Emma on the inside of the box and filled a bunch of balloons with money, toys, and candies.  It was a big hit!




 Thursday was her birthday and she was excited to wake up to balloons in her room, as usual.  I tried to trick her and tell her that we weren't going to do that this year but she wasn't fooled.



We told her that she could open presents before Todd went to work or wait until later when she opened her presents from my parents.  What five year old would choose to wait?

 



 Her music/jewelery box was the big hit of the morning! She was excited to go to school in the afternoon because she knew they would sing to her and that she would get a birthday crown.  What could be better?

Later in the afternoon we went to the park and she got to try out her new Frozen scooter.  It isn't very often that you can get a scooter for your birthday in January and actually get to go out and try it without freezing!  The weather was so nice that we decided to play at the park until Todd came home from work.



After Todd got home Emma got to pick her favorite restaurant to go to dinner and she picked Zupas! She loves to get their tomato soup and grilled cheese.

Emma informed all of my siblings that they were not allowed to come to her birthday party since they were grown ups and some of them were boys and those two people were not invited to the party.  She then quickly told them that they could still come see her on her actual birthday since her party wasn't until Saturday.  Tally and Kimberly were able to come over for a little bit and Spencer, Jeffrey and Brooke FaceTimed her.  She felt so special! Both sets of Grandparents were able to FaceTime her as well so she was feeling the birthday love!


Miley was a great helper!






Saturday was the big day of her Frozen birthday party.  She planned just about every detail herself which was nice for me.  I didn't feel any pressure to make it super fancy because I knew that it was just what she wanted.  I even asked her if she wanted us to try to get Elsa to come to her party but that was not part of the original plan so it was not allowed.  She planned pin the carrot on Olaf, decorating tiaras, pizza, cake and ice cream, and ended it all with a fun pinata!

Emma told her friends they could dress up if they wanted.  These three were so excited that they all had the exact same Elsa dress.



Emma really is always looking out for Katelyn. It makes me so happy!
 Emma was a little concerned that my limited artistic abilities would be able to draw Olaf but I think I pulled it off ok.





Emma and her friends with their finished tiaras. Emma Jenkins, Ava Child, Emma, Olivia (I am not sure what her last name is, she is in Emma's preschool class), Sadie Ray, and Katelyn and Hadley Glover in the back! Katelyn insisted on wearing her crown backwards.





 
The birthday girl was on cloud 9 through the whole party.  All of her friends wanted to be next to her the whole time and she was just so glad they all came.  After they finished singing she gave Ava a huge hug, and then blew out the candles.  I am glad she has her priorities straight!


And last, we just have to end with this cute picture of Todd eating cake and ice cream with the girls.  He was such a great help and the party and I just think that this picture shows what a fun and loving Dad he is.  He would do anything for his daughters!


We had a great week celebrating our favorite new five year old!  Now we don't have to worry about any big celebrations in our house until June!

4 comments:

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Fun Birthday Celebrations for Emma!! Fun pictures and fun Mom and Dad! You are all the best! xoxo

Emily said...

What a wonderful time for Emma! The party looks great! That Emma, the party planner. Makes me so proud :)

Laurie Marsh said...

Oh the BEST post EVER! I Love that sweet beautiful wonderful Emma! She is the best! Tell her I need her help planning my next party. She's hired! Love you Glovers!

Dantzel said...

No way is she five!!! I can't stand it. And your Olaf is incredible!