Emma and Katelyn had been dying to learn to ice skate. The really wanted to go before Christmas but that didn't happen so we went the first week in January. Emma surprisingly loved it, Katelyn thought that the skates hurt her feet and didn't like that it was cold, and Miley didn't like that she had to be in her stroller with a helmet on instead of walking around.
We took this picture right before we were about to leave. Emma looks like she wasn't having fun, but she was just pouting that we weren't going to buy her a snack from the concession stand.
We also took advantage of the really mild winter we have been having and went to the zoo! There was no one there so Miley loved that she didn't have to stay strapped in the stroller. As usual, the merry-go-round was the favorite.
The girls were excited that the lions were actually close enough that we could see them. And they were doing something besides just laying around. They roared at each other for a good five minutes, it was pretty exciting.
How could you not love this little face?
We were able to go up to Heber with some of Todd's siblings and go snowmobiling a few times in January. This is the only picture I took and it wasn't even of us snowmobiling.
Miley is our little bookworm and can be found all over the house like this "reading" to herself in her gibberish. I love it.
Emma and Katelyn have had to start getting creative about where they play since Miley can reach them just about anywhere in our house. Miley learned to climb to the top bunk and took that safe haven away from them so this was their most recent solution.
Play-doh is a favorite in our house. I just love watching Miley smash her little fingers in it over and over.
She loves that she can fit perfectly into this cabinet. As a result, I get to clean it up 567 times a day. I don't love it so much. Although if we are being honest, we are to the point now where she will actually clean it up herself after she has emptied it all out so it isn't as bad anymore.
At least one person in our family was sick for the entire month of January. We just passed our germs back and forth. Turns out, we all had strep and we didn't even realize it. No one ever complained that their throat hurt. I took Miley and Emma in for their well-child check-ups thinking that we were actually all finally better. They all tested positive for strep so that was fun.
| At least Katelyn was sick in style! |
| Emma hasn't taken a nap that wasn't in the car for 2 years. This is how we knew she really was sick. |
Getting ready to head out to church one day. I love my girls!
Miley and I get some good one-on-one time together while her sisters are at school. She loves to help me clean around the house. She is such a happy little girl.
This scene can be seen at out house on a daily basis. Emma working on her reading and Katelyn and Miley being nice to each other for just long enough for her to finish. Of course there are always dress-ups involved.
Every Friday night we have pizza night and movie night. The girls like to have dance parties to the credits that come on after the movie.
We have been enjoying using out pass to Thanksgiving Point. We decided to try the dinosaur museum one Saturday. The girls liked it but they prefer the children's museum.
Again, we have LOVED being able to play outside so much this winter!
Emma and Katelyn brought the coffee table in from the living room and set up a breakfast picnic in their room one morning. Never a dull moment at our house!
Miley decided to lay on the floor by our back door for a good 10 minutes because she was so tired after throwing a massive tantrum because I closed the door to the fridge. At least she is cute!
And that wraps up our January. It was a great month and all of the warm-ish weather has made us excited for spring!
5 comments:
Gotta document the every day things! I love every single picture! What a great family you have! Cutest girls in the world! Love you all xoxox
See you take PLENTY of pictures for a weekly post. But I'll take the monthly post over no post :)
You're family is so cute, and I just wish we could watch movies and eat pizza together every Friday, because you know that's what we are doing too. Oh and museum and zoo trips, oh and ice skating oh and snowmobiling, oh and everything. You're so fun! Love you!
Ok Melissa, I just love your girls. They are so so cute! That Miley is just growing right up and is so dang cute! Thanks for sharing the priceless pictures! Love you!
Your girls are the cutest! And January=best time to go to the zoo.
AHHHH!!!! Such darling little girlie girls! I love that they just color everywhere and everywhere... on paper of course! Sweet family! Love you!
Post a Comment