Todd has been wanting to go camping for a while but we have had a hard time making it happen. I thought that if we were going to do it this year we needed to do it before I got too big and it got too hot. We took our little family down to Yuba Lake for the night and we all had a good time. We realized that we are amateur campers, mostly me, because I forgot a bunch of things that we needed but it was still a fun experience.
It was less than a two hour drive but all of the girls look forward to being able to watch movies when we go on road trips so we didn't want to disappoint them!
Emma and Katelyn loved playing in the lake when we were at Yuba last year, so they couldn't wait to get down there. They walked back and forth from our camp site to the lake while we attempted to get dinner going and our tent set up.
Miley preferred to sit in the shade and eat while she was waiting for the rest of her dinner. This girl loves her food.
Katelyn knows how to camp in style. We don't do anything at our house, unless it can be done in a dress.
I was checking on the dinner and Todd was finishing up with the tent and then we looked over to see that Miley had gotten into the ketchup. She is always keeping us on our toes!
Emma was probably the most excited for it to get dark. She was so excited to be able to see the stars! They are always easier to see when you are in the middle of nowhere, especially for our girls. It was fun to see them get so excited about it. Sleeping went better than we expected it to. Todd and I must have fallen asleep before Miley because she woke me up at about 12:30 saying "Mommy, Miley's crib?" She finally fell back asleep in Todd's sleeping bag and the rest of the night went great!
Surprisingly, I was the only one that woke up when the sun came up so I took pictures of everyone else sleeping while I was waiting for them to wake up.
After breakfast we all headed down to the lake and spent the rest of the morning playing! It was fun to be out with our little family! Todd and the girls love to go out on the raft. One of our better $17 purchases.
Again, Miley decided to stay back with me and sit in the shade and eat treats.
Todd is such a fun Dad! All three of the girls just really love to be with him. He is always finding little ways to make everything that much more fun for them!
We had grand plans for our sand castle but Miley was knocking our towers down faster than we could build them, so we decided to just quit while we still had something standing.
It was a fun night away and we all had a great time. Camping is a lot of work, but it was worth it!
Friday, June 26, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great times at Yuba!!
Um first of all, did you get a new truck? Second of all, I might warm up to the idea of camping if it was on a beach like this! That is very desirable! Third, what was your tent situation? Is it huge?! Fourth, I miss you.
Post a Comment