I would consider myself a pretty easy going person, however there are a few things that really bother me. I don't know why I let them bother me so much because most of them are grammatical and I am the first to admit that I know very little about grammar. While I was trying to sleep I came up with a list of the top 5 things that bother me. (don't judge me, I know some of them are weird.)
1. The way that people pronounce the word comparable. Again that is bringing out the accounting nerd in me because not very many people use that word unless you always have to talk about how to make the financial statements of different businesses comparable. If you click on the link you can listen to how you are supposed to pronounce it, just press the "hear it" button. Please do so now... note that you do not say "com pare a ble" so don't say it like that.
2. I really don't like when people spell tomorrow wrong. I know it doesn't happen as much now that I am no longer in high school but I still see it every once in a while. There are many ways that I have seen people spell it but the one that bothers me the most is "tomarrow." Don't ask me why... it just does.
3. When people put captions under pictures that say something like "Todd and I" and that is it. I realize that they are probably thinking that they are being good and using I instead of me but it really should be me. Maybe I am wrong but I was always taught that if you took the other person away, see if you would say I or me and that is what you should use. I would never put a caption under a picture of myself and just put "I."
4. This one is probably the biggest thing for me. I hate it when people end their sentences with the word at. Ponder this... which sounds better. "Where did you get that?" or "Where did you get that at." I know that it usually isn't that bad but please if you are around me do not end your sentence like that.
5. Not being able to sleep at night and thinking about nerdy things like points 1-4.
I am a little bothered that things like that annoy me because I am very far from perfect in the previously mentioned areas and many other things pertaining to the English language but they do bug me and I can't really make it go away. Please still be my friend.

I realize that I look like I am 12 in that picture (I am actually 17) but that is the best picture I have on my computer to display how I feel about the previously discussed points.
I also realize that this post is completely pointless so I won't feel bad if people don't want to read it, I just needed a break from studying while I am waiting for Todd to finish his final.
19 comments:
Are you the funniest person alive or what? I love that this is what filled your mind in the wee hours before a final. I know you aced them, even with just a few hours of sleep under your belt. I seriously love you guys--good luck with the rest of finals!
Melissa,
You crack us up! You are a chip off the ol block! hahaha. Thanks for keeping us laughing! Love Mom and Dad
you make me laugh and that is all
Melissa,
I can feel your pain because me also have trouble sleeping at night. Don't worry tomarrow you should sleep better.
Alls I can say is... Melissa... you crack me up! You are hilarious! Thanks for making me chuckle... I will love you for always... that is all...
I currently can't sleep either, so I am blog surfing...That post cracked me up big time.
Anyways, I was just sitting here thinking if my blog posts & your blog posts are com pare a ble. Your the accounting nerd, you tell me. Maybe tomarrow you could spend some time and figure that out. Did you and Todd go to dinner to celebrate your final? If so, where did you eat at? I hope it was delicious. I am attaching this picture below, it is a picture of Greg & I.
*********PICTURE****************
caption: Greg & I
*********PICTURE****************
caption: I
Love ya Mezz!
I have PLENTY of those grammar pet peeves! For example, when people say "ex-pecially" instead of "es-pecially." I also hate it when people say "acrosst." No joke- I have heard too many people say things like, "go acrosst the street." What the heck?? So I'm totally with ya on things like that and of course I will still be your friend! xoxo :)
I think i do most of the mistakes previously discussed -OOPS- please forgive my mistakes! You make me laugh - i'm beginning to think i should sell my house so we can move to denver with you guys... then i remember that i like my house and my mind is changed.
Okay so I messed up my last post.
I loved every minute of reading this. Way to let the world know how to keep you happy. That's my girl.
Meliss- The things that you think about are definitly com pare able to the things that I think about . First, you and me are SO smart, not many people realize it though...(really you more so than me) and second, you are funny! I am too! Maybe tomarrow we can talk about it over the phone, you and I! :)
That comment didn't make sense. So don't read it, and just remember that I think that you are pretty, and I can't wait until you move out here!
Acrosst the state apparently! :)
melissa!!! i totally hate those things too.. except for the comparable one.... i totally have been saying it wrong my whole life and i had no idea. Thanks for the enlightenment
Funny Funny! I will be looking for a job this summer - Otherwise I will be super bored!
You change the background of your blog every time i look at it. It really screws me up. How about instead of changing the background you actually do a new post! Love Ya!
Melissa you are hilarious! I'm terrible with English, so, I'll probably bug you like crazy--UNINTENTIONALLY OF COURSE!
You're popular. Dantzel was creeping your blog in our room this morning so I decided to look at it just now and I think it looks real nice. Thanks for still liking me.
Melissa! It was so fun to read about all that you are doing! (I just found your blog...) I just love you! Umm, and I'm pretty sure that I miss you so much, and would love to do something with you or talk with you as soon as possible :) Hope all is going well!
-Whitney Pizza Smith
Post a Comment