Friday, February 12, 2010

2 Weeks Already?

I can't believe that my baby is already 2 weeks old.  It seems like she was just born yesterdeay but at the same time it also feels like she has been in our family forever.  Emma has been such a joy in our family and we couldn't have asked for a better baby.  She hardly ever cries, eats very well, and LOVES her sleep!  Most of the time I have to wake her up to eat because she loves to sleep so much, she must take after her mother in that aspect because we all know how much I love to sleep.  She usually sleeps for 6 hours straight at night but last night she just went ahead and decided that she wanted to sleep for 8 hours.  We don't know how long she will last sleeping through the night like that so we are just enjoying it while we can.

I took her in for her two week check up yesterday and she is doing great!  She is now 21.5 inches long and 9 lbs 6 oz so she is growing well.  She did so good at the doctor and didn't even cry when they did her PKU testing.  Such a brave little girl.  Most days I just look at her for so long that her hair just seems normal to me, but then I take her out and new people see her and everyone freaks out about how much she has and how light it is, she is always a very popular baby.


Anyway, we are just loving having her here.  I think that my family is going to go through Emma withdrawals when we move out of my parents house. She sure is loved around this house.

Emma loves her baths!  Acutally she has a love/hate relationship with them.  She hates getting her body washed but absolutely loves getting her hair washed.







I mostly love to dress her in pajamas because then she is more fun to cuddle with but she also looks cute in her real clothes.  It is really hard to get a good picture of this girl with her eyes open though.









The other night Kimberly was holding her and she was awake so we had to get some picutres of her.  Sorry the picture is kind of blurry, she kept closing her eyes when the flash went off so we had to take the picture without a flash and it was a little dark.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hooray for good sleeping!! I hope she does keep it up! She's just beautiful!

Lisa and Oliver said...

Melissa, I just have to say that she is adorable! It's a small world, my husband's aunt is Kim Dahlstrom. Last week we had out good-bye party and she was telling me about how her best friend's daughter (you) just had an adorable baby girl with lot's of BLONDE hair. ha ha well, Congratulations!!

Eric and Lindsay said...

She really is so beautiful Melissa, PS I can't wait to come up and see you three sometime. I emailed Kristen in Romania and told her about your baby. She'll be so excited!