Thursday, March 4, 2010

One Month

So maybe I am a week late posting this but I have been a little busy with someone a little more important than the computer.  Emma is one month old and I can't believe it!  She is getting so big and we just love her more every day.
She was much more interested in the bear sitting next to her than she was at looking at the camera.  We will keep working on that.

Here are a few things about Emma at one month.

She is still sleeping really well at night but napping during the day is another story.  She doesn't really like to lay down during the day, which is fine if you want me to stay in my pajamas all day, but sometimes I like to get dressed.  Here is her favorite way to take naps. (I realize she is waking up in the picture with me but she was asleep before we took the picture.
 
 

She loves to lay on her back and belly right after she has eaten and play.  She loves to move her arms and kick her legs and gets really mad if you try to wrap her in a blanket because she can't move as well.

She LOVES her binky but still has a hard time keeping it in her mouth.  I usually have to put it back in for her every minute or so but she is getting a little better every day.
 

She loves music and will listen to anyone who will sing to her, even if it is her daddy who doesn't know any of the words to any songs and just makes them up as he goes.
She is starting to smile every once in a while and I think it is the cutest thing.  It is really hard to catch on camera because she doesn't do it for very long.  Here is my best attempt. 

 

She is so much fun and we love getting to know her little personality more every day.  I am so grateful that I am able to stay at home with her all day.  Being her mom is the best ever, even though I am pretty sure she gets really sick of me sometimes.


8 comments:

Swa said...

What a sweet baby! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow?! Cute bow, too! ;)

Emily said...

Numnumnum i want to eat her cheeks!! Or just kiss them, that would be fine too! We miss you guys so much!!! I love your little lady as if she was my own and I haven't even met her :( Soon hopefully :)
You look great!!!

Holley and Luke Burbank said...

oh my gosh she is so cute! that picture on your announcement is Precious!!

Laura said...

Hooray! We got that darling birth announcement too! Also- What a great update! I love reading how you guys are learning about her personality. That's so fun!

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Cutest Grandbaby ever! :) You and Todd are pretty cute too!

Eric and Lindsay said...

She is just so cute!

Laurie Marsh said...

She really is so cute! She will not get sick of you you silly girl. LOVE the picture of her smiling.

caitlin reese said...

She is absolutely adorable