Sunday, December 26, 2010

Birthday Boy

Happy Birthday to this handsome husb.

He is 27 now.  Basically ancient.  Don't know why I married such an oldie.  Oh wait, yes I do.  Here are 27 reasons why Todd is great...

1. He is the best dad ever.  If only you could all see how excited Emma gets when Todd comes home from work.  I have never seen anyone make it to our garage door so quickly.
2. He is a very hard worker.
3. He always rubs my feet for me.
4. He is really funny, even if most of the time it is just funny because he THINKS he is being really funny.
5. He does the dishes every night after dinner. When doing the dishes he washes them in a sink of soapy water before putting them in the dishwasher and I can always count on finding a spoon or fork that didn't find its way to the dishwasher.
6. He always forgets the words to songs, but just makes up his own.  His are usually better.
7. He loves ice cream almost as much as he loves me.  Ok, maybe not that much.
8. He is always writing to-do lists on tiny post-it notes and then leaves them all over the house.
9. He always prints of information for whatever activity he is doing (applying for school, running a race, traveling for work...) and carries it around in a little manila folder. (I can always count on getting one of these before his marathons complete with a race map telling me where I can stop and see him.)
10. He is really, really cute.
11. He gets along with just about everyone.
12. He laughs at my jokes, even though I only have like 2.
13. He keeps wishing that he will grown another inch or two. 
14. He feels like he needs to teach squirrels that they need to be afraid of humans. (Mom you know what I am talking about.)
15. He is very cheap, thrifty, frugal, whatever you want to call it.  
16. He is always finding a better deal for almost everything I want online and won't buy anything without first looking for a coupon and almost always finds one.
17. He talks to me in Portuguese/Creole even though I tell him that I only speak English because he knows that I secretly love it.
18. He is always looking for ways to help other people.
19. When we get together with anyone (friends or family or people we don't know very well) he likes to think of something that will make whatever we are doing special and fun for everyone.
20. He is really good at cuddling.
21. He has to rub his feet together before he falls asleep.
22. He is very spiritual and is not afraid to cry, which is great because we all know that I am almost always crying.
23.He asks for things like shoe laces for Christmas.  He is REALLY easy to please.
24. He makes a mean quesadilla.  Also a great grilled cheese.
25. He always lets me eat more than half of our order of french fries because he knows how much I love them.
26. He loves the gospel and our Heavenly Father and always helps to make me a better person.
27. He loves me unconditionally and is my best friend.

Happy Birthday Todd.  Hope it is a great one, even if it is the day after Christmas.

2 comments:

Rosalie Ringwood said...

HOORAY! Happy Birthday Todd! He KNOWS about the squirrels

Laura said...

Happy Day to Todd! You two are so cute!