While we were living in Denver we were lucky enough to become friends with Kevin and Emily. We think they are basically the greatest ever. Emily and I are pretty much the same person, we even had babies only a day apart! We all missed hanging out with each other so decided that a trip was in order. Emily's parents live in Grand Junction and were nice enough to let us stay at their house so we could meet in the middle. A 4 hour car ride is much much better than an 8 hour ride.
We had alot of fun, which was expected. We went swimming, bowling, watched movies, played lots of games and just had fun being together!
Emma and Bronsen were both a little unsure of how they felt about swimming at times. I just kept telling Emma she was having fun thinking that if I told her enough she would believe me. She did, however, like playing in the kiddie area. I guess she feels more safe when she is touching the bottom of the pool, then it feels like the bathtub.
I know Emma's arm is covering half of Todd's face. I have a different picture where it isn't, but she was just too cute in this one to not put it up!
Bowling with two 1-year-olds was alot harder than I thought it would be. Which is weird, I don't know why I thought it would be easy. I will blame my poor performance on the fact that I had to chase Emma around the whole time. we all know that it is really because I am just bad. One time I got a 26 and I was trying really hard to do well. What can I say, I am good at everything I do.
Emma thought the drawer filled with granola bars was the best toy in the house. Why do we even bother buying her real toys?
They will thank us for this picture one day, when they are married.
Thanks again for the fun weekend Kevin and Emily! Can't wait to do it again.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Very cute! What a great idea to meet in the middle. I love that swimming picture with everyone!
arranged marriages are ideal. evie has been sworn to briggs burbank. a fine match.
do you want to know what i was thinking about this morning? i was trying to come up with a new name for our blog now that the beebs has arrived and i was thinking how "tmi" would be funny, because i over-share. but tmi has nothing to do with us, so it doesn't work. and then i was thinking that if you would have named emma something that starts with an "i" you could have done that!
...and then i was thinking that you probably didn't even consider your blog when naming her and that's pretty irresponsible of you, right?
;-)
Best weekend in a long time!!! Can't wait to do it again and can't wait for the wedding ;)
that picture of her sitting on the floor is YOU when you were a little baby. So fun!
I keep thinking you're going to post about the glasses! I'm dying to see them! I know they're going to be so cute, even if you don't think so. These pictures were still nice though--I think you look particularly good while you were bowling...even if you were a bad bowler. I'd rather look good than bowl well.
Post a Comment