Friday, April 15, 2011

All about Emma

Nothing too exciting going on in our lives lately.  It seems like we have been busier than ever, but when I try to think back about what we have done exactly, nothing comes to mind.  So here is a random post about Emma. (oh wait, you are telling me all of my posts are about Emma?  She is the most exciting thing in my life, what can I say?)

Emma has really curly hair.  I don't know where it comes from.  I don't know what to do with it.  This is what it looks like right out of the bath.  I can't bring myself to put product in it to make it stay like this so after it has been slept on, and rubbed against the carseat, and made static-y in her ball pit it just looks like a mess.  I still love it though.  It makes it a little bit ok that she was most likely cursed with my way too thin hair because at least she has got some volume going for her.

We really enjoyed General Conference a few weekends ago.  Tally came in town for the weekend so we spent alot of time with my family.  Emma loves Tally, even though she was a little scared of him at first.  Fact about Emma, she is usually not afraid of strangers when she is with me.  As soon as Todd is around however, she is scared of just about anyone but Todd.  This little girl must really love her Daddy.

We have just recently overcome her fear of the outdoors.  Let me clarify.  All of Emma's life she has loved to be outside as long as she was being held or in her stroller.  Walking or standing outside was a completely different story.  At first I would try to put her down and she would just scream and lift her feet off of the ground.  Then she would put her feet down but if I tried to let go of her, her whole body would start trembling and she would just cry.  I am not sure where this fear came from.  My mom thinks that it is because it was scary for her because the outside is so big.  We will never know.  I started taking her outside for a few minutes everyday with a bunch of toys to try to distract her from the fact that she was outside.  Luckily she now loves to be outside and would stay out there all day if I would let her.

Emma likes going over to my mom's house to get in some practice runs for her first Easter Egg hunt.  If she only knew that she will get candy for the real deal.  She will be thrilled.

Todd introduced Emma to the idea of putting her snacks (current favorites; cheerios, gold fish, teddy grahams, and most importantly, mini marshmallows) into a cup in order to eat them.  It is no longer ok to eat them off of her tray or out of my hand. She has to have it in a cup first.

Emma thinks that she can talk.  She walks around babbling to anyone that will listen and sometimes will get REALLY mad when I don't understand what she is asking for.  Her only words that actually make sense are; dad, hi, bye bye, and mom.  She tries really hard to copy what I say for other things like cheese, please, thank you, bath, banana, and ball but those are not very consistent.

And lastly, Emma LOVES to say prayers.  Especially right before Todd goes to work in the morning and right before bed.  When we tell her it is time for prayers she smiles and runs over to the couch or the chair in her room and folds her hands.  Unfortunately by the time Todd and I get there and get ready to pray she is already bored so our prayers are usually 5 seconds long.  Better than nothing.  If we are somewhere when someone is praying for a long time she always starts to laugh really loudly.  We will have to keep working on that one.

Well that is all. We celebrated Easter with my family last week and here is an example of what our family pictures usually look like these days. 


One day I will get her to look at the camera, right?

6 comments:

Laura said...

LOVE those curls! I'm glad she's liking the outside more. Funny, busy girl!

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Great pics! Emma is such a doll and you and Todd are the best! Love you lots!

al + sar said...

Haha I loved your comment, not creepy at all! I totally look at your blog too! Emma is soooo cute, her curls and glasses are darling! Im sure Ill see ya at the next church event! :)

Andrew and Carly Child said...

What a doll! Her curls are to die for!

Allie Walker said...

I neeeed to be playing with her right now. I seriously can't get over her grin.

Holley and Luke Burbank said...

love all the pics but especially that second one!! sooo cute!