Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Thoughts
Sometimes do you just look at your kids and wonder how they get so old so fast? I know I do that often with Emma. She is such a fun little girl these days and we can't get enough of her! It is hard to imagine loving this next little girl as much as we love Emma even though everyone reassures me that it just happens, so I am trusting them. We are excited to meet her soon but sometimes I get sad thinking about how it will no longer be just Emma and me at home all day. She is seriously one of my best friends and knows just how to make me smile.
Emma talks like crazy these days. Sometimes I wish she would stop for just a few seconds so I can have time to think but she just has too much going on in that head of hers. She loves her dad more than anything else in the world. She wakes up and won't get out of bed until we can call him and talk to him on the phone. She races to the door as fast as those little legs can carry her as soon as she hears the door unlock and is attached to him for the rest of the night.
Babies are the most important things/toys in her life right now. They have to come everywhere with us. The other day we were going through the car wash and she lifted up her baby to the window and said "look baby" to make sure the baby wasn't missing out on anything. I love to watch her imagination develop.
People ask me all the time if she knows there is a real baby sister coming into her life. I don't think she totally grasps the idea yet. She knows that we tell her there is a baby sister in my belly and the knows where baby sister's room is but I think that is about as far as her understanding goes. Although she does like to go through the house and say "mama ____, dad ____, Emma ____" fill in the blank with whatever she is pointing to; clothes, shoes, food, whatever. When she comes to something she doesn't recognize she always tells me that it is for baby sister. It will be interesting to see how she reacts. I have a feeling she still be a great big sister though!
We are almost ready for baby girl #2 to come and are getting more excited every day! (and no, we do not have a name yet, it is probably the hardest part about having a baby for me. She will be named before we leave the hospital though so don't worry!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
i can't wait! i am so excited for you guys! i also can't understand loving another baby (or anyone else in the world, for that matter) like i love evie, but it must just happen or mom's wouldn't keep having babies.
emma is so cute. love you, emma! love you, mezz!
can't ever get enough of Emma! She is simply the best! We love you so much!
You guys are the best! PS with Emma covering your belly, you can't even tell that you're Preg! what the devil! Love you all
I love that Emma holds her own hand. That made me laugh out loud. It made me so happy that you guys had such a good Conference/family time! Emma is the best and if your next little girl is as good as her I seriously don't know if we can be friends (especially if she sleeps through the night from the get go!)I will have very real jealousy issues.
i was so worried about it not being just me and Briggy anymore, and it is def harder to split up the attention, but it is true that you love the 2nd as much as the first so it makes it all worth it. Im so excited for you guys!!
You guys are going to LOVE having two little girls and letting the love in your home grow so much! :) You're right, Emma will be an awesome big sister. Hang in there just a few more weeks, right?
Hey- I've come upon your blog before and I love what I see! Sounds like you guys have a cute happy little life :) I may pop in here and there just thought I'd say hello and congrats on the baby-girl-to-be! -jennica debenham
Post a Comment