Monday, October 10, 2011

Big Girl Bed

In an effort to be a little more prepared for this baby to come we decided it was time to move Emma out of her crib.  It is probably still is a little early but I just was worried that it would take her a while to adjust and I wanted her to be fully adjusted before the new baby took over her crib.


Todd loves to get his picture taken.  I may or may not have cried when he took the crib down.  I blame it on the pregnancy hormones, but in reality I would have cried even if I wasn't pregnant.  So sad she is getting so old.


See those built in rails.  They are the best.  She still thinks she is in a crib and just waits in bed for me to come get her after she wakes up.  I am sure this will not last for long.


I also may have cried a little bit the fist couple of nights I went to tuck her in before I went to bed.  She looks so tiny in that huge bed!  I don't know why I was so worried about this transition.  Emma is a pretty easy going baby.  The first night she just sat in there and sang to herself for about two and a half hours, mostly because she thought it was a new toy.  By the next night she went to bed fine and has been sleeping in it without a problem for about two weeks. 

That is one less thing to get done in the next month.  Now I just have to tackle the next 1,572,849 things on my list.  I have been told that I stress too much about things like this...

8 comments:

Sibber said...

sweet little peanut!!! She is so little in the big girl bed, but I think all little people are little in big beds... I'm teary with you! I have three little girls all doing the same thing... hard to see them grow up, isn't it! You guys are great parents!! Love you!

Rachel and Eric said...

We're doing this in a couple weeks..I really hope it will go as smoothly for us!

Eric and Lindsay said...

Oh she is getting so big! I just took off Tallie's bumper pads in her crib. It is weird to think she is growing up so fast. 9 1/2 months already! And I can't believe you are about to have another baby and I still haven't seen you. I need to come up and visit some time very soon. Would that be alright with you?!!

Holley and Luke Burbank said...

you are a lucky Mama!! it took Briggy a solid month to transition to a big boy bed- and he still gets out at least one time every night. for this reason, I curse the big boy bed. However, you have made me feel better and that maybe not all my kids will struggle with it. Way to go Emma! (and mama!) cant wait to see that baby!

Laura said...

What a pretty bed and quilt! Way to make the change BEFORE having the baby! Ben wasn't in the crib until he was 7 months. :)

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Cutest little Emma! I loe how she sleeps with all three babies! She is the best! xoxox MOM

Laurie Marsh said...

I see the purple blanket so all is well! Love that sweet baby Emma! And her parents!

Brian and Carly said...

She is adorable! Cute bed! I cried too the first night. :)