Wednesday, December 21, 2011

One Month

Katelyn is now one month old!  Time has gone so fast!  She has been such a joy to have in our family.  She is a much more difficult newborn than Emma was.  I am realizing more and more how spoiled we were to have Emma be our first baby.  I still can't complain too much about Katelyn because she only wakes up once at night to eat so she is still awesome!  Besides waking up once a night to eat, this little girl loves her sleep.  Sometimes it is hard to even get her to stay awake long enough to eat.

I just had to put those two pictures of Katelyn next to the bear on.  How great is it that she fell onto the bear and then when I moved her I must have moved the bears arm too because it looks like it is hitting her and her face looks like it too!
 
Katelyn LOVES to cuddle which is a huge difference from Emma that we are loving.  If she is awake she needs to be held and she is really good at letting you know how she feels about being put down.  I laugh at her sometimes because she is either perfectly content and quiet or she is screaming at the top of her lungs.  No middle ground for her.  Before we had Emma I told Todd I didn't care if it was a girl or a boy as long as the baby wanted to cuddle with me.  Emma didn't like me to hold her unless I was feeding her so I am loving all of the cuddle time I get each day with Katelyn.


Katelyn was able to attend her first Nelson Family party last Saturday and was lucky to be able to play baby Jesus in the pageant.  She did such a great job and didn't make a sound even though she was awake the whole time and there were lots of little people around her.  She is awesome!


Emma is still adjusting to having Katelyn around but is doing alot better than I expected her to.  Luckily she has two smart Grandma's who provided her with a new baby and all of the accessories (bottle, binky, blanket, burp cloth, 2 changes of clothes) that she likes to take care of whenever I have to take care of or feed Katelyn.  Emma also is really starting to love to play house.  She pretends to make dinner, helps vacuum, and even likes to "go to the store to buy cookies" all day long.  Who needs real toys when you have measuring cups and spoons, vacuums, and keys to play with.



We have the best of both worlds right now.  A sweet newborn who loves to cuddle and a very smart and curious toddler.  This stage is so fun with Emma.  She learns so many new things each day and it is so fun to watch her grow up.

 
I love to listen to the new things that Emma says that she has obviously gotten from me.  Alot of them I didn't realize that I said but I guess I say them a little too much.

  • I'm doing good (when she pretends to talk on the phone or just when no one is paying attention to her)
  • Ok, sounds good (also when talking on the phone)
  • Hi honey (said bending over Katelyn in an even higher pitched voice than her usual)
  • I am going to do something, ok?
  • I will be right back
  • Mom change Katelyn's diaper (or any other direction for me to do to Katelyn) really fast
  • Just ONE second
  • just one candy
  • No touching Christmas tree (my bad...)
Those are just a few I can think of right now.  It is funny to hear the things that come out of her mouth!

I just love my little girls.  Even though sometimes I feel like I am going crazy I can't imagine my life without them!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Time has flown by! That's awesome she's only waking up once at night. Emma has quite the imagination! So cute! You look beautiful cuddling your newborn!

Doug and Leslie said...

Molly totally has the outfit that Katelyn is wearing in the picture on your chest. Gotta love the heart on the bum! She looks so cute in her one month picture. Did I tell you I do that with Molly because I saw you do it with Emma? Love it! Maybe after Christmas Molly and I can come play at your house again K?

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Thanks for the update! You and your girls are the best!! Mayaswell give Emma a real vacuum to get some of your housework done - since she loves it so much! :) Love you