The past three weeks have been crazy! Having two kids is hard. Not to complain or anything, I know people survive with alot more children than two. It is just a harder adjustment than I thought it would be. It is a good thing I love them both so much!
A few days after we got home from the hospital Katelyn started looking like this...
A little on the yellow side, so we took her into the doctor and we were sent home with this...
Too bad she was too long for it and always hit her head and feet on the ends. After hanging out in her tanning bed for a few days she was looking much better.
She hated every single second of her first bath at home. Really she has hated every bath since then as well so she doesn't get one very often. It makes me sad to make her scream so much!
This is how Katelyn felt about her life up to this point. Not quite sure if she likes it here, life is hard. Yes, I know she has really big hands.
My mom came home for 10 days and it was WONDERFUL having her here. I felt pretty lazy the whole time seeing as she did all of my laundry, ironing, cleaning, and cooking the whole time she was here and found plenty of time to play with my girls. She is the best! Since she was here my siblings spent alot of time over at our house. Katelyn and Emma were both really spoiled with all the attention!
Uncle Tally even was here for Thanksgiving so we got to see him too! Move home already ok?
This is Kimberly's favorite thing to do. She is usually sleeping too though.
My mom made this cutest quilt for Katelyn. Katelyn loves it, she told me. Again, she is the best! Thanks a million times for coming to help, mom. We couldn't have done it without you!
I am not going to lie, I love, love, LOVE the fact that I have two girls so I can make them match!
Emma spends the majority of her days doing this...
She has about a million babies and she only wants to play with them. Her other toys don't ever make the cut. It is really cute watching her take care of them though.
I have made it through one whole day of being home with both of them and no help. There have been alot of tears but no major injuries so that is always a good thing. I am sure we will get the hang of it. Poor Todd has been sick since the day before Katelyn was born. He just has too much going on and never has time to get better. Luckily no one else has caught anything from him. Let's hope it stays that way!
9 comments:
Oh how I love the Glovers! Your family is so cute :) I think of you often and consider you my hero, ok :)
I have so much to say about this post. You look really good. Seriously. I don't think I put mascara on until Mae was 6 months old, and I always looked like I had been crying--maybe because I had? Also, Katelyn is definitely adorable, but oh my gosh, I am dying over Emma and how cute her little outfits and hair are! I love the little twisty! And I LOVE the matching outfits! I will see you very soon and I can't wait to meet Katelyn!
You're a Rock-star Meliss! Love you guys so much! :)
Oh you guys are so adorable. I love your little family! Baby Katelyn is so cute. Tallie was in that phototherapy box for a week. It was awful because she would scream from being in there- not swaddled. We ended up having to make up some kind of swaddling band to get her to sleep. Those were some hard days... Congrats on being a mother of two! I'm sure it is an adjustment, but you will be completely amazing at it!
cutest family!!! your girls are so stinking cute i just keep looking at their pics over and over. we love you guys and need to get together!
You guys are the best! I LOVED being there and miss you all so much! Keep up the great work! You and Todd are great parents!! And you are SO beautiful! Give those darling granddaughters a big hug from us!
xoxo MOM
Your mom is fabulous! And I'm with ya on the adjusting to two kids thing. It was WAY harder than I thought too. You'll get the hang of it (I'm sure much faster than I did). Such great pictures too. I would totally dress my girls matching all the time if I had two girls. :)
I LOVE EVERY SINGLE PICTURE! That is all! Love you.
Your girls are adorable!
Post a Comment