Todd has been really busy lately with work and school. He has had to travel quite a bit and the girls and I have really been missing him. On Sunday night, he was supposed to leave to go to Rifle, Colorado to work for half and day on Monday and then turn around and drive home. I was having a really hard time staying positive about this because he had just returned from North Dakota where he was there for the weekend JUST to attend a Christmas party for one of the operations he supervises. I mean who really wants to go to North Dakota in December? About ten minutes before he was supposed to leave he told me that we should just come with him and hang out in the hotel for the morning. May as well, seeing as we didn't have any plans for Monday. So we packed up the girls and left. We drove for 11 hours total and were only gone for 24. Both girls did surprisingly well, although Emma did have a little meltdown at 11:00 Sunday night because she was so tired and uncomfortable in her carseat and just wanted to be in her bed.
We finally got to the hotel at about midnight and told Emma that she could sleep in bed with us because Katelyn was in the pack and play. She was so excited that she got to sleep with us that she didn't stop talking until who knows when. Todd and I both finally fell asleep at about 1:00 in the morning and she was still talking. Todd woke up to go to work and I woke up to feed Katelyn and when I went back in to check on Emma I found her like this...
Good thing she didn't roll any farther! We just hung out in the hotel room and even got to watch a few episodes of Super Why while dad was at work. Emma thought it was the best day ever!
When Todd was done with work a little after 12:00 we packed up and headed home. It was a short trip but I loved being able to spend that much time with Todd and was a great start to the week! We listened to The Hunger Games on the way there and back and now Todd knows why I couldn't put the books down while I was reading them. He is hooked, even though the lady who reads on the audiobook is a little on the annoying side.
I feel silly that I had so much fun driving in the car for so long but I just loved the much needed time spent with my husband! He is the greatest.
p.s. sorry for the poor quality pictures. I forgot my camera so I had to use my cell phone.
Friday, December 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm totally with you! I would jump at the chance to be with my hubby for a fun little road trip like that. McKenna also loves Super Why! :) I've also decided it's impossible to sleep with a toddler.
Fun getaway! We love those two little Grandbabies!!!
xoxo M & D
I would have done the same thing! I hate when Andrew leaves me ESPECIALLY overnight.
Pretty sure you have the cutest girls ever! Emma is at such a fun age. I love hearing all the stories about her.
Hi! Mayaswell get a new blog page including baby Katelyn for the New Year!! I need new pics! Thanks Melissa! xoxox
Post a Comment