Here are some snapshots of our month so far.
Katelyn doesn't do "tummy time." I don't know if she hates it or if she is just lazy because she doesn't cry when I put her there she just buries her face into her blanket and lays there. If left long enough, she will fall asleep. So in an effort to get her to be able to hold her head up she spends time in her Bumbo. She is slouched over most of the time trying to eat her hands, but is getting a little better.
Emma thinks that she has to put my shoes on and pretend to go to the store with her purse and keys every day. Putting my boots on is much more challenging than the rest of my shoes. She tried for a good 10 minutes before she moved onto something else.
This next picture needs to be documented because it is one of the few times Emma looked at the camera AND smiled. She asked me to take this picture. Everything needs to be on her terms. She is soooo cute!
Just hanging out, giving kisses. Emma never actually kisses Katelyn. She just gets really close and makes a kissing sound. I guess we have scared her a little too much about being careful around Katelyn. Better safe than sorry. Emma is slowly starting to love Katelyn instead of just ignoring her. And, Katelyn is blowing awesome bubbles.
Playing with baby toys is much more fun than playing with her own! It is funny because she fits in the Bumbo better now than she did when she was a baby. Her chubby legs would get stuck when we tried to take her out. Now she has super skinny legs so they fit just fine.
Katelyn has SUPER long eyelashes. It is hard to tell in pictures because they are so light, but this is the best that I could do. Seriously, I am jealous of them. (too lazy to try and fix the red eye)
Valentines Day was pretty uneventful this year. I am not going to lie, I am not a huge fan of Valentines Day, but it is always fun to dress the girls up. This was our attempt at getting a picture of them together...and what most of our pictures look like. Again, things need to be on Emma's terms for her to be happy about them.
Notice the tears in her eyes and Katelyn never looking at the camera, she is too focused on trying to get that hand in her mouth.
And this was the best that I got and called it good for the day.
Emma's cousins brought her over some Valentines treats. She really enjoyed them. Marshmallows and chocolate, what could be better?
We went to Coldstone after dinner for a little family date night. Emma was so excited to be in a store full of ice cream.
Most of the time Katelyn will only fall asleep if she is being held or if she is wrapped up in her crib, so I needed to document the fact that she fell asleep on her own. Love sleeping babies.
And finally, Emma has recently started enjoying cuddling with me in her bed after she wakes up in the morning and after her naps. I love it, she always makes sure I have a pillow and wraps me in a blanket, she is so thoughtful. I love my two girls!
And in case you were wondering, Todd is alive although in none of the pictures, he has been really busy with work. We love him and are grateful for everything he does for our family.
4 comments:
oh these girls are the cuuutest! that first photo attempt on valentine's day with emma's closed eyes is the funniest.
I'm planning to print my blog off too to serve as a family scrapbook. Random pictures are awesome! These girls are such cute little things!
So GREAT of pictures! Love love love them all. Darling girls and SO funny Emma. I love the picture of her in the pink skirt and black shirt. She is adorable. Love you Melissa!
I love those little grandbabies so much! Thanks for the great update! Can't wait to snuggle!! Love you and Todd too!! xoxox
Post a Comment