At the end of the fall when all of the stores were starting to sell their snow clothes, Todd and I had this discussion.
M: I need to go buy Emma some snow clothes before they run out of her size.
T: There really isn't a reason to buy her snow clothes, she is too little to play in the snow by herself and you aren't going to go out there with the new baby. (Katelyn wasn't born yet)
M: Well she at least needs something, even if she doesn't play in the snow, she needs to stay warm when we are outside.
T: Why don't you just get her a coat, hat, and gloves. Pants and boots are pointless for a two year old.
M: I think you just are being cheap and don't want to pay for them.
T: I am not being cheap, just realistic.
I eventually decided not to get her pants and boots, not because I agreed with Todd, but because I couldn't find any I liked in Emma's size. Turns out Todd was right, she didn't need them because it NEVER snows this winter. So when we woke up to get ready for stake conference on the 18th, I was so excited to finally see snow that actually stayed on the ground so Emma could play in it. This was seriously the first time that it has snowed enough to cover the grass and stick at our house for more than an hour.
Emma thought it was the coolest thing ever. And I was excited that she got to wear her hat that I made for her again. I love watching Todd and Emma play, they are best buddies and so cute together!
Todd had to convince Emma that it was ok to touch the snow.
Making a little snowman and being so proud of her work.
Just having a little chat!
Trying to learn how to make a snow angel. Todd said she would only move her arms and didn't want to move her legs. Maybe next year.
Emma made a snowball for me and brought it inside. I kept it in the freezer for a while because she kept asking to see it, but it was taking up space so I had to throw it back outside after a couple of days. Hopefully it will snow enough for her to make another one soon. She likes to walk around the house singing "Once there was a Snowman" and tell me that her snowman melted, just like the one in the song.
In the end, I am not even a little bit sad that I didn't buy her snow pants and boots but I am sad that we haven't had nearly enough snow this winter.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
mmm easy solution, MOVE BACK TO COLORADO! We have snow days here like once a month and I sure would love to spend one with you again!!!
cutest little snow bunny! Todd is such a fun Dad! Love you guys! xoxo
My advice would be to buy some gender neutral snow pants because kids this little will grow out of them so fast anyway, you'll want to be able to use them with every kid you have. :) I'm kind of also sad that every snow storm we HAVE had, has melted rather quickly and won't stick around to cover up my yucky yard.
Glad Emma and Todd has fun!
Post a Comment