Thursday, March 8, 2012

Emma


Everyday I am amazed at how big Emma is getting.  She is such a fun little girl and is pretty much just a miniature me.  Part of me loves to watch her grow and learn new things every day and the other part of me wishes I could freeze her like this so she will never change (minus the tantrums). 

She is such a sweet and loving little girl and is very sensitive to other people's feelings.  When we are at the store and she hears someone crying she is always very concerned for them and wants to go find them so she can sing them a song to make them feel better. Her current favorite songs are "I am a Child of God", "Teach me to Walk in the Light", and "Families can be Together Forever" (which she calls the family song).  She thinks that these three songs can solve everyones problems.  I love to hear her sing them to her baby and bear as she tucks them into the "cubers" of her bed. 

She never EVER stops talking during the day and I love to hear her little voice yelling "mommy where are you" as she runs back and forth down the hall looking for me.  She loves to play hide-n-seek but still has a hard time finding hiding places. She likes to have us hide first and then she always just goes and hides in the exact  same spot when it is her turn.  She LOVES to read and go to the "lifree" and get new books.  She thinks that she needs to take every book off of the shelf and bring it home with her.  After we have read a book to her once she has it memorized and can be heard reciting it to her toys all day.

Last night I was listening to her talk and am so sad that all of the cute words that she has had a hard time saying in the past she can say correctly now.

Instead of saying "day day" she says thank you
Instead of saying "oooo doawt" she says  its dark
Intsead of saying "downsen" she says downstairs
Instead of saying "coo coo" she says cookies
Instead of saying "wuuuv" she says I love you
Intesad of saying "eh eh" she says Emma
Instead of saying "Kay Kate" she says Katelyn

There are so many more, those are just the ones I can think of right now.

I am glad that she is learnig how to talk so well but I will always miss hearing her just learning to talk and her cute way of saying everything new.  Whenever she hears a new word now she will repeat it to me and say "Mom what's that mean?"  I feel like she is already getting too smart for me to teach her much more!

Thanks goodness for videos and pictures that sort of help freeze her in this stage.  I love her forever and wouldn't change anything about her!

5 comments:

Tally Ringwood said...

she looks so old! what the devil. i need to get home asap. Love you both

Laurie Marsh said...

That is the CUTEST picture - EVER! And I agree, she is a mini you AND I love her and all your darling family Melissa!

Laura said...

What a smart little girl! It's amazing how FAST they pick up on things and how they absorb so much information so fast!

Emily said...

I was really hoping that downsen was her version of Bronsen... DANG IT! Soon enough, they will meet again and figure out their love for each other!

Rosalie Ringwood said...

I love her little baby language too - and will miss it! I felt just like you do the whole time you and your siblings were growing up. Every "next stage" is so wonderful and great and you will want to freeze your children at every stage along the way! It just gets better and better! Enjoy every minute with these two precious little angels! You are the best Mother and I'm so proud of you! xoxox
p.s. - I LOVE this picture!! The best!