Tuesday, May 8, 2012

St. George Ironman

We just got back from spending the weekend watching Todd's brother Kyle in the St. George Ironman!  Such a crazy race,  I can't believe people actually choose to do that.  It was kinda a crazy time trying to get to all of the right places to see him that I actually didn't get any pictures of him!  Maybe he can do it again one day and then I will be able to get one of the racer instead of just the spectators.

The day before the race Todd took Katelyn and went with Kyle to look at the course a little more.  Emma and I got to hit up the pool with her cousin Zach (who she lovingly calls "yacks") and Natalie.  She was excited to try out her new floaties!



She was not so excited to get out of the pool and go home.  She sat down at this table to pout about it and may or may not have fallen asleep in the time it took me to get out my camera and take pictures.


Here are the only pictures I took at the race.  If we are being honest, I wasn't in a very good mood so I didn't think to take any more than this.  This is during the bike portion of the race, waiting to get our 10 second glimpse of Kyle as he rode by.  Katelyn was a little tired and decided to take a little nap on the grass by Brent.  Chad and Bentley were obviously excited to be there and to take pictures.




We are proud of Kyle for finishing the race!  We stayed with one of Todd's mission companions who lives in St. George.  They were nice to put up with our grumpy girls who don't really like the idea of not being on their daily schedule.  Their son Sam is two months younger than Katelyn and is so cute!  It was so nice to be able to spend time with them.


3 comments:

Dan and Laura said...

What an awesome bro-in-law you have. Crazy, but awesome! Congrats to him! St. George is always so fun! I can't believe Emma fell asleep like that. :)

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Looks like fun! I love Emma in her suit and floaties!! She is growing SO fast! And Katelyn . . . she is adorable! xoxo. I love how so many of Todd's family went to support Kyle! So awesome! Love you all

Doug and Leslie said...

That's a cute little dress Katelyn has on. Love those girls