Todd and three of his brothers ran the St. George Marathon again this year. We had a great weekend spending time down there with family and cheering them on in the race! We went for a little hike on Friday, spent some time at the pool, and spent most of the day on Saturday preparing for, running, and recovering from the race. Todd did great, no surprise there, and finished in 3 hours and 12 minutes.
I guess Todd missed the flannel pajama pants at the start line memo... Todd, Kyle, Paul, and Brent.
Katelyn getting some love while we waited at the finish for Dad.
Here he is coming to the finish. I caught him mid raising his arms in celebration, my bad. At least I saw him, we almost missed him altogether and then that would have made the whole trip a waste right? A race isn't worth running if you can't get a picture of the finish.
He didn't even seem tired after this race which made him mad and me happy. No reason to push yourself harder if it only makes you sick.
Great job, Todd! He claims that his marathon days are over and he is switching to triathlons, we will see about that.
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I see you went to the lava caves. Nice choice :)
Ugh. What is worse, marathons or triathlons? I got tired just reading this post. Maybe if you're lucky Todd will tear his ACL and then he won't be gone training every Saturday. The good news is, your girls are adorable! St. George looked fun, too! Now it's time to think about making a nice side trip to Seoul when you go to Japan...aren't you just dying to visit your old home land? :)
Congrats to Todd!! Great job supporting him!
Hooray!! Good job Todd! Love you Melissa
Post a Comment