Thursday, September 12, 2013

Summer Racing

Besides Todd's half Ironman, he ran two half marathons this summer.  He did amazing as always, you know him, so speedy. 

The first race was with my family.  They ran the Mt. Timpanogos half marathon the Saturday before Kimberly got married. This is the first race that Todd has run that I have not been at the finish line.  I felt really bad about it!  The race started at 6:00 and Todd finished in just under an hour and a half so we would have had to had all 4 girls presentable and down there by 7:30 and we all knew that wasn't happening.  Luckily, my mom went and got some good pictures for me!



Jace, Todd, Dad, Spencer, Tally, and Abby! Good job to Abby for filling in for Kimberly on one days notice!

The next race was the Hobble Creek half marathon.  He ran this race with his dad, all of his brothers, his brother in law Ryan McCurdy and sister in law Vanessa.  They all did so great!  I originally wasn't planning on going but I felt too bad missing this race too. So the girls and I ended up surprising Todd at the finish line.  It helped that I was woken up at 3:00 when Todd left for the race and then couldn't get back to sleep.  I think he finished this one in 1:26 or something like that.  He took third in his age group, too!



This is what happens when Todd and I try to take a picture with just the two of us. We end up with a really great family picture.  If you look closely you can see Emma's shoes behind me.


Vanessa, Marc, Brent, Todd, Ryan, Paul, Greg, Kyle, Chad, and Ryan McCurdy.
I like when Todd runs half marathons.  They are fun for him and he isn't so sore and tired that he is useless for the next few days like he is with some of the other races he does! This summer was pretty low-key as far as races go, maybe that had something to do with having a new baby around the house!

3 comments:

Emily said...

That Todd- He's such a rock star! And really fast, good grief. Not that I'm surprised
Wish we lived closer, like every day

Dantzel said...

Emma's shoes!!! She kills me. Also, no one should run that fast. He makes me sick.

Dan and Laura said...

He's a race super star! Way to go Todd! Your "family" photo is too funny!