She has been waiting for a long time, and honestly in my mind she has been two for a really long time. She brings so much excitement and happiness to our lives.
Katelyn is such a tiny little girl still. I love cuddling with her and holding her when she will let me. It has taken her about 5 months to finally realize she is jealous of the attention that Miley gets so she always comes up to your legs and says "could you hold me?" It is really hard to say no to her sometimes.
She loves to eat anything that is sweet and that is about it. It is a little bit of a struggle to get her to eat anything substantial when it comes meal time. Sometimes we can bribe her to eat something if we promise a good dessert after. Her all time favorites, besides candy, are fruit snacks and marshmallows. She asks for fruit snacks within 20 minutes of being awake everyday.
Lately, she has been coming into our room in the middle of the night and climbing in our bed on my side. Everytime without fail she will lay there for about 30 seconds roll over to me and say "Mom, could you move?" I just ignore her and usually after saying it 3 or 4 times she will just hop down and go back in her bed.
She still REALLY loves her binky and blanket. She would do almost anything for them. They stay in her bed now and sometimes throughout the day I will find her just laying down in her bed for a few minutes with them. I guess she thinks that she just needs a little rest because she is up and running around 5 minutes later. There are few things that I love more than to watch her run down our hallway. I don't know why I think it is so cute but it is.
She really loves all of her aunts and uncles but this summer Emma and Katelyn loved spending time with Spencer. They think he is pretty funny. When they were staying with my mom while we were in the hospital after I had Miley they just kinda followed him around all day every day. He was a good sport to put up with it.
Her cheeks are still as chubby as ever and I could just kiss them all day if she let me. She has the best little giggle. I love listening to Katelyn and Emma play together. There is no one in Katelyn's life who she loves more than Emma. They are pretty inseparable and Katelyn learns so much from her older sister.
Katelyn is very independent. She tries to do almost everything by herself and is getting really good and dressing herself and putting her own shoes on, depending on which shoes they are. She is not afraid to try and get things for herself. If she can't figure something out after trying a few times she will bring it to you and say "could you help me?"
Katelyn is a great big sister. She likes to make sure what Miley always has her binky and blanket and loves to sing to her. She asks to hold her every once in a while but doesn't quite understand that she has to put her arms around her in order to do that. Miley just lays on her lap. Katelyn loves to take care of her babies as well. She loves to wrap them up, feed them bottles, put them in her high chair and pretend to feed them. She always talks to them in an even higher pitched voice than her normal voice. It is pretty fun to watch.
Katelyn doesn't do anything halfheartedly. She has so much enthusiasm for everything in her life. Something as little as which TV show, or what type of cereal she wants is viewed as a very important decision in her life. I usually know what she is going to say before I ask the question but I like to ask it anyway just so I can hear her response.
Uncle Tally holds a special place in her heart. Maybe it is all of the treats and technology time that he gives her?
Katelyn loves to dress up, read books, and dance to Disney music. She could watch 'Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood' all day long if I let her. She is very smart and knows the words to way too many Disney songs. She is very much a creature of habit and doesn't like when her routine is disrupted. Her current favorite color is green, only because it is Emma's, and she loves to wear her tan riding boots.
Katelyn thinks that her Dad can fix everything and loves when he come home from work. She hates to have her hair fixed but loves to brush her teeth. She likes to try and ride Emma's scooter by sitting on it and pushing with both her feet. She thinks it is the funniest thing ever to ruin my piles of leaves right after I have finished raking. Anything outside is fun but she hates to be in the stroller, she would much rather be helping me push it. Katelyn truly thinks that she is older and bigger than she really is. Sometimes it is hard to watch her realize that she can't do some of the things that the older kids can do but that doesn't ever stop her from trying. She is a very determined little girl and we love that about her.
Happy Birthday, Katelyn! We love everything about you and hope that you have a great year!



2 comments:
What a sweet heart!
I loved this! What a cute girl you have I can't believe how big she is now!!!
Post a Comment