Wednesday, April 30, 2014

First Trip to the Dentist

At the end of my last dentist appointment I thought that now that Emma is 4, I should probably take her to the dentist.  I have been dreading it because I thought that she would freak out so I just wanted to put it off as long as possible.  It could have gone better, but it also could have gone alot worse!



Katelyn was scheduled for a "happy visit" as well which just helps get them familiar with going to the dentist but they don't really do any cleaning.  I had planned that Emma would go first and then Katelyn would be ok to follow Emma.  We got there and played in the lobby while I filled out some paperwork and everything was fine.  As soon as we went back to the room Emma got really nervous and refused to sit in the chair so Katelyn got to go first.



Before they started anything the hygienist sat the girls down and explained to them what all of the different tools did.  Emma sat against the wall for the first little part of that and then got brave enough to walk over and look.  Then it was time for Katelyn to have her turn.  She got all set up with Frozen on the TV and then as soon as the chair started laying back she got really nervous and just wanted to get out.


Then Emma decided that she was brave enough to have her turn, as long as she got to watch Brave on the TV while they brushed her teeth.  She did really well once she started!  I was very proud of her.  Katelyn got to watch what Emma was watching on a different TV while Emma finished her turn.





When it was over the girls were happy to get new princess toothbrushes and tokens to get some toys out of the toy machines.  Overall, it went well and I think they will be even better the next time we go!

5 comments:

Dantzel said...

you are one brave momma! look at those girls get so big!

Laurie Marsh said...

So proud of those big girls! Dentists are scary, at least to me they are! Love you!

Rosalie Ringwood said...

So cute! Good job Emma and Karelyn! It's all about the pins and prizes!

Emily said...

Look at that fancy office!

Laura said...

This is a big deal! It sounds like they did pretty well indeed! Great job!