Monday, October 13, 2014

Ward Campout

Our ward had its first annual campout in the middle of September.  We have never been camping outside of our backyard and Todd has always wanted to go so we decided to give it a try.  It was super cold and we were not very well prepared because hello, it was still September and all of the girls' winter stuff was still in storage!

We ate dinner at home and then headed up to set up camp.  The ward had some games that we all played and they handed out glow-sticks and my girls couldn't have loved it more. Emma got to participate in one of the games and ate a doughnut from a string and thought it was the best thing ever.


As we were getting ready for bed Todd decided that we wouldn't all fit in the tent (even though we totally would have) and went to sleep in the car with Miley while I stayed in the tent with Emma and Katelyn.  I am not sure who slept worse.  The girls all woke up happy so I guess that is all that matters.

This is the story of my life.  Three little shadows that I love so much!

It was so cold in the morning and when we were out of our sleeping bags and no longer cuddled together it was too cold for the girls to enjoy so we ate breakfast quickly and headed home.  All in all I would say that it was a good experience and we would do it again as long as we were a little more prepared!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Haha. Cute! That sounds very similar to our ward camp out experience. Good times!

Rosalie Ringwood said...

You guys are the best! Looks like fun! I'm sure sleeping in the tent was better than the car! I love you all
xoxo