Wednesday, April 6, 2016

March Wrap-up

I love to blog the big events in our lives but I also like to document the day to day things so here is our monthly photo dump.

I am not really the biggest fan of St. Patrick's Day but Todd decided to make it just a little bit more exciting for our girls this year. They were all so excited to have green incorporated into their breakfast. Emma and Miley had green eggs and Katelyn had green milk with her cereal.




Later that day, Emma brought me this note...


It says "are leprechauns real. Do they really have a pot of gold. Do they really make things green. repeat (I am pretty sure she meant write) back to be. I texted Todd to see how he wanted me to respond and luckily by the time he got back to me Emma had forgotten all about this note. She is a pretty funny little girl.

Todd and I were able to attend the Provo City Center Temple open house to see my Dad and Grandfather speak in one of the sessions.  It was such a neat experience to be there. The spirit was so strong and all of the speakers did so well, but I was especially proud of my Dad and touched by his message. I am so lucky to have such amazing parents!


We spend alot of time at home during this phase of our lives. Sometimes it is just easier to hang around here that it is to gather the troops and go out too often. Here are some pictures of days around the house.

Katelyn really loved her pink cowgirl hat that Todd and I got her while we were in Texas.


We love to read books before bed every night. Miley was obsessed with the book "Busy Buzzers" that taught her all about bees. We read it every night for about two months before I finally convinced her to let us take it back to the library.


Camden almost always has someone that is playing with him but I think that Katelyn likes to spend time with him the most. She is very helpful in trying to make him happy when I am busy with something else.


I took this picture one day to send to Todd so he could appreciate what my days are like. I was trying to help Emma with her homework and found that I quickly had all four kids within two feet of me. I sure love all of them and am glad that they love me but sometimes I just really would like a little more space.


Emma stayed home sick from school a couple of days and I was reminded that even though she is my oldest and is getting old, she still is just a little girl sometimes. She loves to lay in the sun when she feels like she needs to take a rest.


If anyone knows Todd well, they know that he really loves ice cream. That is always his choice when he is in charge of the family night treat. You can tell that none of the girls are ever upset about it!


I was able to go to a baby shower for Kimberly toward the end of the month. My aunts did such a great job as always. We were excited to celebrate Kimberly and Jace and their baby girl.




A few days after the shower, Kimberly's little girl came! They named her Rosie Mae Felix and we all just love her so much, she is such a sweet, perfect little girl.



One of the highlights of the month for Emma was that there was a Read-a-thon at school. She came home and told me that the top four readers in class each week (the read-a-thon lasted for three weeks) would get a pin and she really wanted to get one. That girl was so determined and did such a great job reading. She spent about 21 hours over the course of the three weeks reading and was so excited each week when she got first place! We were proud of her for setting a goal and working so hard for it.


We all were happy that the weather finally starting warming up and feeling more spring-like. My kids are funny and think that as soon as it is over 50 degrees they no longer have to wear long pants of long sleeves. I believe this day it was 52 degrees outside or something and they really wanted to just "hang out and relax" outside all day.



It was such a great month, as usual. I love having these pictures and taking the time to record them and a few memories each month, it helps me remember that while life is hard a lot of the time, there is more good than bad. I sure love this little family of mine!

1 comment:

Rosalie Ringwood said...

These are all great photos! Glad you document your every day things - even if it is just staying home! Enjoy every minute with your precious babies! You are such a fantastic mother - and you are beautiful too! I am so proud of you. I love you all xoxo