Two days after Katelyn's birthday, I turned 28. It was a great birthday! Since my birthday fell on a Sunday this year, Todd and I celebrated on Saturday. Kimberly, Ryan and Emily were nice to babysit our girls all day long!
First we went to swim up at the crater in Midway. It was so fun and we really enjoyed it. This is the only place that we took a picture during the day because I told Todd that one picture is good enough!
After swimming we drove downtown and had dinner at my favorite steak house, Ruby River. I know that there are better places for steak but I have not found a restaurant that serves a more delicious baked potato and since I choose my meals based on the quality of the side dishes, Ruby River cannot be topped!
When we were finished with dinner, we went to go visit my Grandpa Ringwood in the hospital since it is hard for me to go see him with the girls. It was good to see him and the rest of the family that was there visiting. After the hospital we went to see the new Hunger Games movie, Mockingjay. I feel like all of those movies have been released around my birthday so it always gives us something fun to do!
The next day was my birthday and it was a great day. I have said it before, and I will say it again, everything is more fun with kids. Emma and Katelyn had been talking about the surprises they were planning for me all week! I got to sleep in until 9:30 and then was woken up by them putting balloons in my room and bringing me cinnamon rolls for breakfast!
As soon as we were done with breakfast, Emma wanted me to open my presents that she wrapped all by herself. She made sure to let me know that she had to go without sleeping with her blanket for a few days since she had wrapped my present with it. That is a sign of true love! Katelyn was a little busy building with her new legos from her birthday to pay much attention to my presents. Not that I blame her, they are more exciting for her than clothes!
After church, we headed to Kimberly and Jace's to have dinner and FaceTime with my parents for our monthly FHE. It was a great day. The next day, Todd was talking to Emma about how good she is at planning parties. He told her that maybe she should be a party planner when she grows up and she responded, "no thanks, Dad. I want to be a queen. Which means I will be a Mom." She is the best!
Being with my family all day was the best birthday present I could have asked for!
Sunday, November 30, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What sweet girls you have! Happy belated birthday!
We love you so much Melissa!! You are amazing! Glad you had a Happy Day - spoiled with the girls blanky's and all! xoxox
What a great day!!! So spoiled but so deserving! Emma, she's the best! What a sweet heart! I love that she is the girly version of my Bronsen ;)
You are my favorite. No one else I know is cool enough to choose where to eat based on side dishes. The end.
What a happy birthday and BEAUTIFUL family. Love you Melissa!
Post a Comment