This year we finally planted a vegetable garden in our backyard. One of the few things that worked was our pumpkins. Emma has been waiting for about two months to carve them and we finally did it the Monday before Halloween. We let Emma and Katelyn design the faces that they both wanted. Emma's started out pretty elaborate but she ended up settling for a pretty traditional face. Katelyn wanted to have a surprised pumpkin face, just like in one of her Halloween books.
Emma did not like touching the slimy inside of the pumpkin so Katelyn followed suit. I think this is another example of something that Katelyn says she doesn't like just so she can be like her sister. Had we let her go first, I am fairly confident that she would have loved it.
Miley had to be distracted with some marshmallows while we were carving. Don't worry about her looking homeless. At least she is cute!
It was a fun night and got the girls extra excited for Halloween!
Thursday, November 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Very cute girls and pumpkins! Love it when the younger sibling is so influenced by the older. ;)
Sweetest little nieces. I just read your last few posts. You guys are awesome parents.
Katelyn's face at the end :) Love those girls!
I just cannot get over how adorable and happy these girls are!!! You and Todd are the best! Great holiday memories made - for sure!
When I read the title of this post I thought I wonder how Emma handled the pumpkin guts...haha she's the best! And you really are the best mom ever.
I'm sorry that I think you are the best mom and have the cutest girls. The end.
Post a Comment