Thursday, November 13, 2014

Halloween

Once again, we all really enjoyed Halloween this year.  Actually, Todd was pretty sick and ended up coming home early from work so maybe he didn't enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

Surprisingly my children did not want to dress up as Frozen characters like everyone else.  Emma decided to be Merida, from Brave, and Katelyn was Belle.  Miley was a cute bumblebee!  Emma and I had talked about getting a wig or spraying her hair red to look like Merida's but she decided that she didn't really want to do that.  Then the day before Halloween, Todd asked her about it again and she had changed her mind so Todd had to make a late night run to Walmart to try to find red hair spray.  We got as close as we could and Emma was THRILLED with the results.

We went trick-or-treating at Todd's office again and it was fun to have lunch with Todd and Tally after the girls went around and got some candy. 



Katelyn was really happy that I was making her take a picture.

 Later that afternoon, Emma and I made dinner in a pumpkin and she was pretty excited that she was able to draw a face on the pumpkin before we put it in the oven.  She was a little disappointed with the actual dinner but she said that it would be ok to have it again but only on Halloween.


After dinner we did our best to get a few pictures of the girls before heading out trick-ot-treating.  Todd stayed home to pass out candy.  Miley came with us for about 15 minutes and then she went home while Emma and Katelyn went a little bit longer.  They got to the opposite end of our neighborhood and decided that they were all done.  They were pretty determined to be done and didn't want to stop at any houses on our walk back.





This was the first house that we went to.  Katelyn said "Emma you get the candy, I will just sit here and wait for you."  She eventually went up to get her own candy as well.



It was a great day.  The girls have already planned out their Halloween costumes for the next three years so they obviously really enjoyed the day as well.

2 comments:

Rosalie Ringwood said...

I love how you captured them trick or treating! These pictures are adorable and I love Emma's hair. I can't believe she wanted to spray it red! She is getting brave! Love each one of you so much! xoxo

Laura said...

That red hair spray looks awesome on Emma! Such a fun stage in life to have little kids for all the Halloween fun!