I had a great Mother's Day this year. I got to sleep in while my family made me breakfast and got ready for church. My only real request was that I didn't have to make any meals and Todd made delicious meals all day long! He also bought me the set of adjustable dumbbells that I have been wanting for a while. He knows the way to my heart.
For church we went to my cousin Olivia's mission farewell in the morning and then headed over to my parent's house for lunch and to hang out. It is my life mission to get a good picture of me with all of my kids and since the one before church didn't really work out we tried to take one at my parent's house. It didn't turn out so well but I think that it depicts my life as a mother pretty accurately. At this stage of life there is always someone who doesn't want to cooperate.
After we came back and had dinner Katelyn was sitting outside and I went to sit by her to talk to her for a little while. I am so grateful to be a mother to four wonderful children. Sometimes it is really, really hard having four young kids but we all learn so much from each other and are creating great memories together.
We didn't get any pictures of our mothers but we are so grateful for both of them. Todd and I are the people we are today in large part due to our mothers and all of the sacrifices that they have made for us. Mothers are the best.
Tuesday, June 7, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love that you got Dumbbells as a gift! Doug got me a kregg jig (furniture tool) that I've wanted for a while and I had to laugh about it.
Sweet pic of you and Katelyn! You're the best! And I love that she has her gown on backwards! Best!
Happy Mother's day to one of the best moms I know. Love you Melissa!
Post a Comment